Ch.5

(LILYS POV)

After the long day of school (which included holding in tears and ignoring Harry) ended, I ran home. I went to my room and grabbed my guitar and headed for the balcony. The balcony is like my new best friend. I feel like when I am there it comforts me and covers me from the world. And that is what I need most right now. I need to drown out everything so it is just me, my guitar, and my balcony. Nothing else matters. Not school. Not my family.

Not Harry.

(HARRYS POV)

I have been trying to talk to Lily all day but she wouldn't even make eye contact with me. I screwed everything up and now I have to fix it. She has made me realize that I don't need my friends, fake bimbo blondes, or drunken parties to make me happy, I need her.

Right after school, I bagged my usual hangout with my friends and raced home. I knew exactly where Lily would be. The balcony. I stood right next to the door, deciding how I would apologize to her, when I heard the most beautiful thing I have every heard. Lily was playing guitar and singing along. I remember she told me she played a little guitar but I never would have thought she was this good. I couldn't really hear what she was singing through the door, so I subconsciously opened the door to hear better. Once she saw me, she instantly stopped playing and looked at me. I saw the hatred in her eyes when she looked at me.

"That was beautiful." Was the only thing I could think of saying.

"What do you want? I thought you don't talk to losers." Lily said angrily.

"Lily I am so sorry. Please forgive me. Right after I said that I immediately regretted it. You mean so much more to me than those people." I cried out.

"You betrayed me, Harry." She said. I could tell she was on the verge of tears, which only made me feel worse.

I sat down next to her and I tried to wrap my arms around her but she flinched away.

"Don't touch me." She said coldly.

"Lily listen to me! I made a mistake! You don't know how sorry I am and how much I need you. We are going to be step-siblings in a few days, and as much as I try to make the feelings I have for you go away, I can't. I want you to be more than just a friend or step-sister." I was so desperate, I spilled my heart out to her before I could stop myself.

She looked up at me, wrapped her arms around my neck, and kissed me. And that kiss with Lily was so much better than the kisses with any of the fake-tanned girls I am usually with. After a few seconds of pure greatness, she pulled away and smiled.

"I feel the same way." She said while looking into my eyes.

We stared into each others eyes for a few long minutes while holding onto each other. Then suddenly, her beautiful smile fell into a sad frown.

"We can't do this Harry. We are going to be step-siblings." Lily said as she stood up and backed into the wall of the balcony.

I stood up and pressed her to the wall, our faces only an inch apart and said, "We both want this, Lily. We can make it work. It's not like we are related by blood. We can be together- just not in front of anyone else."

She thought about this for a moment then nodded with a small smile and said "OK".

I have never felt so happy in my life. Am I falling for her?

I shook those thoughts out of my head and we both agreed to go to bed since our parents' rehearsal dinner was tomorrow. We both begrudgingly parted ways for the night. 

(LILYS POV)

I heard the "here comes the bride, all dressed in white…" song fill my ears as I make my way down the aisle. I am so excited for my dad to marry Anne. They are so perfect together. I am so excited to go to Italy with Harry, my dad and Anne. Harry and I finally made "us" work. Things are finally turning out well for me.

 I looked around at the people sitting on the benches on my left and right. All the people I know and love. Two people in the first row stood out to me. It was my father and Anne. She wasn't wearing a wedding dress. I looked down to see a beautiful white dress with a  sweet-heart neckline and lace covering my body. This was always my dream wedding dress. My eyes quickly made their way to the front of the room, where the priest and groom stand. The eyes opened wide in awe.

The.

Groom.

Is.

Harry.

_______________

**heheh ended this chapter with a cliffhanger! hopefully i will update later today. any comments or suggestions? xx **