Ch.10

(LILYS POV)

After I forgave Harry, things went back to the way they were. Harry and I were stuck at the hip, not caring about anything else but each other. Weeks went by, and things were perfect. We were always together, and there was no drama- what could be better? One night a few weeks before summer vacation started, my dad and Anne decided to go to dinner so Harry and I had the house to ourselves. I was working on some homework in my room, when Harry came in and blindfolded my eyes.

"Harry! What's going on?" I screamed as he led me down the stairs.

"You are so impatient, love. Now take off the blindfold."

I took off the blindfold to reveal our kitchen table set with candles and 2 plates of spaghetti and meatballs. Harry pulled out a chair for me, and sat down himself.

"Aww, Curley's being romantic." I teased. "What's the occasion?"

Harry stuck his tongue out at my joke. "I have some news to tell you."

My head shot up and I stared at him. "What are you waiting for, tell me!" I said impatiently.

"Remember how we were singing on the beach when we were in Italy?" He asked me. I nodded my head, unsure of where this was going. 

"Well, the X Factor tryouts are next week, so I thought I would give it a shot, because you told me to. I mean, what do I have to lose?" He said with a huge smile.

His words cut through me like a knife. I wanted to be happy for him, but I got a pit in my stomach thinking about him leaving. I knew that he is too good of a singer for the judges to turn down, of course they will like him. Then Harry would leave me and have a huge singing career…

Stop always thinking about yourself, Lily. Why can't you support your boyfriend?

I told myself how selfish I was being and shook those negative thoughts away. I plastered a smile on my face and congratulated Harry.

"What song are you going to sing?" I asked curiously.

He snickered. "That's for me to know and you to find out."

**

A week after Harry and I's romantic dinner (and a little fun in my bed…), Gemma came back from college to go with the whole family to the X Factor audition with Harry. Harry was really stressing over his song, which he wouldn't even tell me, so I decided to get him a little surprise. I gathered everyone in the T.V. room and handed a bag to everyone except Harry.

"I had these made so we could show a little support." I said as everyone opened up their bags to find t-shirts that said "We think Harry has the X Factor". (You will only understand the t-shirt thing if you saw Harry's real X Factor audition.)

Harry laughed as the whole family put on their shirts, and he pushed us into the car, nervous about getting there on time.

A few long hours later, Harry was being taken to the stage as the rest of us were being escorted backstage so we could watch him on a T.V. while he sang. After introducing himself, Simon told him he could start. 

Harry looked into the camera and said, "I am singing Isn't She Lovely, by Stevie Wonder. This is for someone special, you know who you are." My heart fluttered, I was so honored that he chose "our song", but I tried not to show my change in emotion because my entire family was right next to me. Gemma poked my arm and winked to me, but moved her gaze to the T.V. when Harry started singing.

"Isn't she lovely. Isn't she wonderful. Isn't she precious…" His voice rang through my ears. It was so beautiful, I knew what the judges would say even before he finished singing.

A few minutes later, Harry ran backstage with the happiest look on his face. I was so proud that he got through, and seeing him this happy made me happy. I congratulated Harry and snuck him a little kiss when no one was looking. After all the excitement fizzed down, I realized Harry was going to be leaving for the X Factor boot-camp soon.

How will I survive without Harry?

___________________________________

** a bit of a filler chapter, not gonna lie... i promise there will be a lot going on in the next chapters to come! comments? xx**