Ch.9

(HARRYS POV)

I was walking towards the parking lot for my car, where Lily and I meet after school everyday. This girl from the group I used to hangout with, Tiffany, came up to me with a worried expression.

"Harry, come quick! Lily just tripped and broke her leg!" Tiffany told me. No matter how unlikely I thought it was, I wasn't going to risk it, because what if Lily really did break her leg?

I followed her into the maze of hallways, and finally we came to a dead end. I looked at her with a suspicious look, because Lily was not here. Before I knew what was happening, Tiffany pushed me against the wall and started to roughly kiss me. The first thing I did was notice how wrong it felt. The kiss sucked compared to the kisses I have with Lily, and I did not feel any of the sparks with Tiffany that I do with Lily. My second instinct was to pull away from the kiss, and just as I did, I saw Lily staring at us, her face covered in tears. She instantly turned around and ran away, and wouldn't listen to me when I told her that it isn't what it looks like. The only time she stopped was to throw something at me. I looked at the floor where it landed, and saw the beautiful promise ring I got her. 

Damn you, Tiffany.

(LILYS POV)

There I was, eating a tub of ice cream on the balcony, feeling bad for myself. I was just about to take my millionth spoonful when I heard a door to the balcony open. I didn't even bother looking up to see who it was, I already knew. I didn't want to talk to Harry. I heard him sit down then clear his throat.

"Let me explain." He said after a couple of moments of awkward silence.

"Explain what? That you were sucking faces with someone other than your girlfriend?" I spat out.

"Lily, listen to me. She told me you were hurt, so I followed her, and then she threw herself at me. I didn't kiss back. That kiss felt so wrong. It made me realize that I have never been so sure of anything in my life than how sure I am that you are the one." He said. I didn't know whether to believe him or not. His story didn't sound convincing.

"This is why step-siblings shouldn't date." I said with no emotion.

"Why's that?" Harry said cautiously.

"Because when they break up, they still have to see each other everyday." I stole a look at Harry after I spoke, and I saw tears in his eyes.

"You're… breaking up with me?" He said, on the verge of tears.

I sighed. "I don't know. I need some time to think." Harry took this as a hint and stood up. Instead of walking out the door, he came over to me and took my hand.

"Just know how much I love you and how sorry I am. And I will keep my promise." He said as he slid my promise ring onto my finger and walked out of the balcony.

I laid in bed that night trying to sleep, when I heard my phone go off. It was a text from Harry.

I can't sleep without you next to me.

You don't know how badly I wanted to run into his bed and fall asleep in his arms, but somehow I held myself back from my urge.

**

I woke up the next morning and reluctantly got out of bed. I already knew today was not going to be a good day. I tried to get ready extra fast so I wouldn't have to see Harry. I walked alone to school because I didn't really have any other friends at school besides Harry. Because I was always with him, people gave me weird looks when they saw that I was alone. People started realizing that Harry and I broke up. All day, I secretly watched Harry get hit on by girls who were excited that he was single, and a few guys hit on me too, because they figured if the-one-and-only Harry Styles dated me, I must be special. I walked into Science, which Harry was in, and saw some girl sit next to him and start flirting with him. When I saw Harry not give her a second glance, and not return the flirting, I knew he had told the truth. I sat down next to him and grabbed his hand. He looked up and had the biggest smile when he saw it was me.

"I couldn't sleep without you either." I whispered into his ear.

"I love you, babe." He said, still smiling.

"I love you more."

____________________________

**yay they are back together! I have some more drama coming up... whoohoo! suggestions or comments? xx**