Ch.12

**Hello! I was wondering if anyone could make me a new cover for this story? I am not really good at that kinda stuff, but I have seen some really amazing covers out there... I would fan you and dedicate a few chapters to you. Please comment or get in contact with me if you would. Thanks!!!!!! xx**

__________________________________

(LILYS POV) 2 WEEKS LATER

Life sucked. I have been living in a motel in London for two weeks looking for a job in the music industry. I was desperate, but I didn't find a single thing. I came back to Holmes Chapel with no job and nothing to do with my life. 

I was sitting on the balcony when Anne walked out and sat next to me. We both stared straight ahead at the sunset until she finally spoke. "You wrote that letter to Harry, didn't you?"

I turned my head to look at her. "How did you know?" I said after a moment. 

"I walked into his room when he was in the middle of reading it, he was crying. The rest of his visit, he acted like a zombie. You were really in love, huh?"

I was very surprised at the first part of what she said, and I almost choked when I heard the second part. "You… knew?"

She chuckled. "Of course I knew, everyone knew. If you and Harry thought you fooled anyone, you're wrong. It is obvious that you loved each other just by looking at you two together. And remember at your father's and my's wedding? I knew you and Harry were about to kiss, but I didn't want to make a big deal about it so I acted like I believed his excuse. Oh, and next time, try to be a little more quiet when you sneak into each others rooms at night."

I sighed, thinking about the great times Harry and I had together. "There won't be a next time. We are over, and I doubt he loves me anymore."

Anne groaned. "Trust me, that is not the case. Harry has never cried for any other girl but you. You are different. He was stupid to let the best thing in his life slip through his fingertips."

I gave her a sad smile and nodded.

**

6 MONTHS LATER

Life is so pathetic right now. I have no job, I am not in college, and I am still living with my parents. After Harry forgot about me and my dreams were crushed in London, I sorta just gave up. I sat home all day, singing and playing my guitar. My dad and Anne always told me that I should get on my feet and get a job, but my spirits were so low. I was still in love with Harry, and I knew his feelings were not mutual. I was in a horrible depression, and nothing was going to change. 

Until that certain day…

As usual, I was sitting on the balcony, idly strumming my guitar, when Gemma walked out. I was so surprised to see her, I usually know when she is coming to visit us from college. I stood up and gave her a huge hug. We talked for a few minutes until she brought up a new subject.