Ch.24

(LILYS POV)

I woke up the next morning in Gemma's old bed. After my talk with Harry last night, I left him in his old room and I took Gemma's. It felt so wrong, being in the same house as Harry and not being snuggled in his arms. It felt so unnatural, even after almost three years. 

I got out of bed and brushed my teeth. I was about to make my way down the steps, when I heard voices downstairs. I walked down the stairs as quietly as I could, attempting to spy on whoever it was. I followed the voices into the kitchen, where I saw Harry and Darcy making pancakes. I stayed by the doorway, where they couldn't see me because their backs were facing my direction. I stood there for a while, watching their every move, listening to what they said to each other.

Harry picked Darcy up so she could put chocolate chips in the pan.

"Darcy, wanna hear a secret?", Harry asked her while he flipped the pancake.

"Secwet? I wuv secwets! Tell me!", Darcy cheered as she gave Harry her full attention.

Harry bent down so they were face to face. He spoke slowly so Darcy could grasp each word that left his mouth. "One time, a long time ago, your mommy was making pancakes, right here in this kitchen. We had a messy food fight, it was so fun!" 

Darcy giggled, loving the enthusiasm Harry put into his sentences.

Harry continued. "That was when I fell in love with your mommy. Right here in this kitchen!" He repeated the location, so Darcy would understand completely. 

Darcy giggled again as Harry poked her dimples. "And you know what?"

Her eyes grew wide. "What, daddy?"

"Right here in this kitchen, I fell in love with you too.", Harry said as he kissed her nose.

For the second time in 24 hours, I was spying on my child and her father, with tears running down my cheeks. Darcy must have heard me because she turned around with a big smile on her adorable little face.

"Momma! Daddy fell in love wiff you in dis kitsen!" I looked over at Harry, who's cheeks were blushing like crazy. 

He turned to Darcy with a goofy smile. "I told you it was a secret!"

Darcy mouth made an "O" shape. "Ooopsies!"

When Anne and my dad came down, we all had breakfast together. We shared comfortable small talk until my dad reminded me about something I had totally forgot about.

"So how long are you and Darcy staying here?" My dad asked me and Harry looked up, as if he realized it too.

I don't know where Harry lives, but Darcy and I have to go back to London. How would we be a family if we don't live together?