Ch.11

(LILYS POV)

Today is the last day before Harry leaves for the X Factor. We were spending all of the time we had left together, making sure to indent every last memory of each other into our minds. We don't know how long we will be away from each other- it all depends on how well Harry does and how far he goes in the show. 

I was sitting on my bed, strumming my guitar, while Harry was walking around my room, humming to the beat. He stopped to look at my bulletin board, his eyes scanning through all the pictures tacked on. His gaze stopped at one picture in particular. The picture of Harry and me in Italy. We were in a hat store, sporting oversized bonnets and huge smiles on our face. We honestly couldn't have looked happier.

Harry pointed to the photo of us. "We will always be like this, Lily. You are the only girl for me. I know I have hurt you in the past, and if I ever screw up again, please, just show me this picture. It will remind me how happy you make me. Something that no one else in the world can do but you."

I smiled, swallowing the tears that had erupted from his little speech. "It's a deal."

Harry and I slept in each others arms that night, like always, but that night was different. We wouldn't have each other for who knows how long. I know we may have overreacted a bit, but we felt like we weren't going to see each other ever again, when really it was only a few weeks- if that. 

The next morning came way too fast. I tried to put on a happy face for Harry, who was overly excited, but I was breaking on the inside. Harry promised me that he would call, video chat, and text me every single day. He promised that he would not forget about me, and that I was the only girl he would ever think about. He also promised me that he would marry me one day in the future.

Too bad he couldn't keep all of his promises.

**

1 MONTH LATER

Things have been horrible. School just ended and I couldn't be happier about it. After Harry left, I was all alone. Because Harry and I had been stuck at the hip, I basically pushed everyone else out of my life, so now I had no one. Rae wouldn't even look at me. I was fending on my own for the first time in a long time. Harry kept in contact with me everyday for the first week. The next two weeks, I got a video chat or call once every few days. Now, I am lucky to get a text from him at all. I read multiple news stories a week about the newest scandal Harry is in with a girl, and that girl is always someone other than me. He broke his first two promises to me, and I have a huge feeling he will break the last one. Harry has hurt me terribly, and the worst part is, he keeps our relationship hanging. We both know that at this rate, our relationship is going down the drain. It is so hard to see him everywhere, having a great time without me, and yet, when I hear his voice sing on the X Factor, I close my eyes and imagine that he is in my room once again, singing to me and only me.

I decided that I need to get out of Holmes Chapel. I need to get a life for myself. And why not now? It was the perfect time to leave- Harry got a break from the X Factor and was coming home the next day. I couldn't bear to see him. I couldn't show him how much pain he has caused me. I needed to forget about him.