Ch.22

(LILYS POV)

After I saw the article about Harry, I rushed to the closest doctor and had them confirm to me that I was in fact pregnant. After a couple of tests, I left with a few sonogram pictures of the little fetus growing inside of me. I walked into my hotel room, praying that Harry wasn't there. Luckily for me, he wasn't. I quickly packed my bags and scribbled a note for Harry and put it in an envelope on his bed. It feels like this is a routine for me now, him and I being in love, then he hurts me and I give him a letter and run away. Why can't our relationship be simple?

I dashed out of the hotel before anyone saw me, I couldn't let one of the boys stop me from leaving. I called a cab and asked them to take me to the one place I felt at home.

London.

(HARRYS POV)

I woke up with a throbbing headache in a bed that wasn't mine. I looked to my left and saw some blonde with makeup smeared all over her face. I winced in disgust at her face as I remembered the events from last night.

I hit Lily when she told me she was pregnant and left her there to cry. I got drunk at a bar while she was suffering alone. I cheated on her with a bunch of girls that I didn't give two shits about.

I am a monster.

I hurriedly put on my clothes and ran back to the hotel. When I got into my hotel room, I couldn't find Lily anywhere. All I found was an all too familiar envelope with her beautiful handwriting on it. "Harry."

I tore open the envelope to find 3 things, just like the last time. I read the letter first.

Dear Harry,

This is my final goodbye to you. I cannot be with you any longer; you always end up hurting me. By the time you are reading this, I will be long gone. I am going somewhere to have a life. A life without you. I am sorry Harry, but this is the way it needs to be. Please don't try to find me, because I don't want to see you. I am going to give my child the life it deserves, and I won't let it get hurt by you. This is the last time I will be giving you this ring back, I won't need it anymore and it doesn't symbolize anything. Once again, you broke all of your promises to me, but why am I still surprised? This is the only time you will ever lay eyes on my precious baby, it is strong and healthy, and I am sure you are upset about that. You screwed up, Harry, and it is the last time I am letting you.

-Lily

I looked at the other two objects in my hand: a ring, and a small black and white photograph of the fetus in Lily's stomach.

Our child.

I felt my heart break down the middle, crumbling into little pieces of dirt. I began crying, my fat tears wetting the picture. I screwed up up again, but this time I don't have another chance.

(LILYS POV) - 2 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS LATER