Ch.16

(LILYS POV)

I ran straight out of our hotel room, not knowing where I was going because my tears shielded my eyesight. I made it a few meters until I bumped into something hard.

"Lily, are you okay?" I heard the strong, British accent.

Zayn.

I looked up at him, he had such a warm, caring face. He must have noticed how terrible I looked (I mean, how could you not…), so he wrapped me in his arms and took me to his hotel room. Once we sat on the couch, his words filled the air.

"Louis, Liam, Niall and I went out to the pub a few blocks away, but I decided to come home early. Want to tell me what's wrong?" His voice was so comforting, I instantly felt safe.

I told Zayn the whole story, from Harry and I kissing last night, too Harry choosing Melissa over me a few moments ago.

"Lil, I am so sorry. You are so much better than her. You are smarter, funnier, kinder, and-" He looked in my eyes. "-and much more beautiful."

I was so heartbroken and confused, I didn't know what I was doing. I just needed someone to be there for me while I was going through all this pain. Both of our heads were slowly inching towards each other, and finally our lips touched. I didn't feel the fireworks I did with Harry, but his lips were very soft and gentle. Harry's kisses were much more loving, and a bit more lustful, but Zayn's were careful, as if he was making sure not to break me. My whole body knew that this wasn't right, and I know Zayn felt the same way, but I didn't pull away because I was too hurt.

"Zayn, have you seen Lil-" I heard Harry's husky voice as he opened Zayn's hotel room door.

Crap. Wait, why do I care? Remember, he chose Melissa over me!

"Are you kidding me?" Harry sounded very hurt, which made me feel guilty for some reason.

"What are you talking about, mate? You just broke her heart!", Zayn said. 

Harry looked totally confused. "What are you talking about? Melissa told me to choose her or Lily and I said Lily, no doubt about it. She ran out of the room and I have been looking everywhere for her until I find her with my best friend!" He finished his sentence very enraged.

Oops…. should have waited a little longer before running out…

"Look Harry, there has been a misunderstanding. Do you think we can go back to our room and talk?", I asked him.

Harry contemplated but agreed begrudgingly. I followed him out of Zayn's room and turned around to face Zayn.

"That kiss meant nothing, right?" I silently prayed that he would agree with me.

"Right. We are just friends." I was so relieved. I gave Zayn a hug and hurried to meet Harry back at our room.