~8~

"Yuuto Tatsumi." Iruka-sensei called.

I stood up from my seat and began making my way to the exam room. Tatsumi isn't my real last name, I never found out what it was, so the Hokage decided to give me one that he made up.

"Who's that guy?" I asked bluntly once I had walked into the room and spotted a silver haired man. I think I remembered seeing him somewhere.

"This is Mizuki-sensei, he's helping me with the exam." Iruka-sensei exclaimed.

"Nice to meet you Mizuki-sensei, I'm Yuuto." I said, giving him a nod. I don't do handshakes.

"Nice to meet you too Yuuto." He replied, giving me a friendly smile.

To be honest he seems a little shady, but who am I to judge? I wear almost all black and have a hood on constantly, I'm definitely a shady person.

"Just make three clones and you pass!" My sensei said, giving an encouraging smile.

I did the correct memorized hand signs, tiger, boar, ox, dog. There was a satisfying poof and I knew I had succeeded. I looked to my left and right, giving a nod to my clones who looked exactly like me, right down to the katana strapped to my back.

"Congratulations! You passed!" Iruka-sensei exclaimed, smiling proudly. "Take a headband."

I looked at the table full of headbands. Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue and... Oh look! Blue! I shrugged and took a blue one, deciding I would dye the fabric black later, or maybe white. I shoved my headband into my pocket and walked out of the Academy, waiting for Naruto to finish his exam.

I watched all of the other students get congratulated by their parents and sighed, wishing mine were still around. At least I wouldn't have to live by myself and cook my own meals, not to mention maybe I wouldn't be so secluded.

Eventually Naruto came out of the Academy, clearly looking depressed. Shit, I forgot that in the anime he doesn't pass until later when Mizuki..... No wonder I saw Mizuki as shady earlier, I completely forgot about how he tries to trick Naruto into stealing some scroll....

It is decided, I'm following them. 

"Hey Yuuto..." Naruto said, walking in front of me. "Where's your headband?"

"Pocket." I replied. "You still up for ramen?"

"Maybe tomorrow." He answered, frowning.

"Sure thing, see you around." I said, walking away and waving over my shoulder.

Once I was at the Academy gates I turned my head to see Mizuki approach Naruto.

"I should stop at a fabric shop, then home, and then chase them..." I muttered to myself.

My wings will make it easy to catch up, leaving me enough time to possibly buy some fabric dye for later. I start making my way through the streets until I found a fabric store. I pushed open the door and was greeted by the sound of a small bell chiming. I ignored the woman who greeted me and started my search, looking for white and black dye. I still haven't decided which colour I want. Eventually I found a section of dye and grabbed a bottle of black and white before heading up to the counter and paying. 

I left the shop holding a bag in my hand and started on my way back home, carefully watching the position of the sun. The sun was begining to set, once the sun sets completely I'm heading out. The apartment complex was now in front of me, I started up the stairs and took out my room key, opening the door and stepping inside.

I flicked on the lights and tossed the bag of dyes onto the couch before leaping onto the sofa with a sigh. I took my headband out of my pocket and placed it onto my coffee table, then sliding back into my seat and sinking into the plush couch. I let my tail relax and watched as it draped onto the floor, my wings twitching, wanting to be stretched. I stared out the window boredly, waiting for the sun to get lower. While I waited I got an apple from the kitchen and snacked on it, I mean I didn't get my ramen that Naruto was going to buy.

Minutes went by slowly, me watching as the sun slowly dissappeared behind the village walls. I glanced out my window and saw the large group of ninja that were heading to the forest. I quickly got up and left, needing to beat them all there. I left my vest and quickly scaled the rest of the building before jumping off and taking flight, the moon reflecting off my black feathers.

I flapped my wings as silently as I could, cutting through the air as I flew towards the forest. I took off my glasses and held them in my hand, my farsightedness helping me to see the tiny specks on the ground. 

"I need more convenient glasses..." I mumbled to myself as I continued to fly above to village.

I could see Naruto on the ground with a huge scroll and knew I was in the right place. I fluttered silently into the trees and watched, waiting for the real fight to start. Naruto shook his head in frustration.

"Clone jutsu!?" He exclaimed. "Why that of all things!?"

Suddenly Iruka-sensei jumped down from a tree near me and approached Naruto, his usual friendly smile on his face.

"Why don't you give me the scroll Naruto?" He asked.

Naruto was quick to deny, saying that Mizuki-sensei had told him to take the scroll. A second Irkua-sensei jumped out of the bushes and ran over to Naruto. Naruto looked from side to side as he tried to determine who the real Iruka was. If I remember correctly one of them is Mizuki and the other is the real Iruka-sensei. Naruto couldn't handle the stress so he took off into the forest, running away from them. I followed from the trees, watching as the first Iruka caught up to him.

"Give me the scroll Naruto!" He yelled.

When Naruto didn't reply, he turned into Mizuki-sensei and pulled the giant shuriken off his back, curling back his arm to throw. Naruto froze in fear as the shuriken flew towards him, slicing through the air and trees. My body almost moved on it's own, wanting to save him, but luckily Iruka-sensei jumped in front, the shuriken imbedding itself into his back. Naruto and Iruka tumbled to the forest floor, Iruka still in front of Naruto protectively.

"Have you ever wondered why the people of the village hate you Naruto?" Mizuki asked as he walked out of the shawdows.

"No Mizuki!" Iruka yelled, still on the ground helplessly.

"It's because the day the Nine Tailed Fox attacked the beast was sealed inside of you!" Mizuki announced, making Naruto's eyes go wide. "Even Iruka hates you because the fox killed his parents!"

"That's not true Naruto!" Iruka yelled. "I don't hate you!"

Naruto looked like he was about to cry, suddenly I wished popcorn existed here.

Naruto took the scroll and started running again, signaling for me to follow. Mizuki rushed after Naruto, leaving Iruka on the ground.

"I really shouldn't mess with the plot... But... I feel bad for Iruka-sensei." I mumbled to myself. "Fuck it."

I hid my wings as best as I could, wrapped my tail around my torso, and jumped down to help Iruka-sensei.

"Yuuto? Why are you here?" He asked once I jumped out of the trees.

"Just out for a evening walk and heard a lot of commotion." I replied, slinging Iruka's arm over my shoulder. "Now let's go see how that idiot's doing."

I helped Iruka-sensei walk to where Naruto and Mizuki-sensei fought, we were just in time to see Naruto make his horde of shadow clones. Iruka's eyes widened and I just smirked, glad to see this in person. The Naruto clones beat Mizuki up easily, punching and kicking him until he was a bloody pulp, Naruto was way to kind to kill him.

"Yuuto? Iruka-sensei?" Naruto said once he saw us.

"Naruto, come here." Iruka said. "Yuuto, can you let me go?"

Naruto approached Iruka and I let his arm drop, making sure to keep his arm away from my back.

"Close your eyes Naruto." Iruka said.

Naruto shut his eyes and Iruka took off his headband before tying it around Naruto's head.

"Congatulations! You passed!" Iruka announced, making Naruto open his eyes.

I patted Naruto on the back. "You still owe me ramen."

A/N

You may have noticed, but I changed some of the stuff that happened in the anime. Don't hate me.