~33~

A/N

Had my eye exam done, and I'm getting glasses! Yay? I don't know.

The first five matches had already happened and ended, the people making it to the finals were, Sasuke, Shino, Kankuro, Temari, and Ino and Sakura had both been knocked out. Haku and I watched the board in silence as the next match was being decided.

"Can the selected two come down please!?" Hayate shouted.

I saw my name and jumped down, not bothering to check who my opponent was. I only stopped when I saw who it was.

"Ah great." I sighed.

My opponent was Sai, and he faced me with a smile on his face.

"If you're both ready you may begin." Hayate said, stepping back.

I knew Sai needed time to draw, so I didn't give him anytime and instead charged at him with my katana in hand. Sai pulled out his tanto and blocked, engaging me in a sword fight. I tried using my tail to stab him, but he managed to block it and avoid my sword. Sai suddenly kicked at my face, making me jump back to avoid him. Sai quickly pulled out a scroll and began drawing on it, although I couldn't tell what.

"Super beast scroll!" Sai exclaimed, making two lions made of ink jump from the scroll.

The two lions charged at me, gnashing their teeth and snarling. I strecthed my wings, and with a single flap, I was above the lions. I could hear the surprised gasps of everyone in the audiance as I stayed in mid-air.

"Fire style: fireball jutsu!" I exclaimed, sending a ball of fire larger than before towards Sai's ink lions.

The lions were destroyed, along with the scroll Sai left lying around. Sai quickly dove out of the way and his pants were singed slightly. I swooped down at Sai and raised the blunt edge of my katana to try and knock him out. Sai blocked with his tanto and attempted to hold me off as I used the strength of my wings to push him back. Sai was too busy blocking my sword that he didn't notice when it shot out suddenly and stung his thigh. He swayed from side to side for a few seconds before he began falling forward. I caught Sai and layed him down on the ground gently, as his limbs became numb. Hayate rushed over quickly to check that he was okay before announcing the match.

"Yuuto Tatsumi wins." Hayate said as medics came with a stretcher to take Sai away.

As they took Sai away I walked up to him and whispered in his ear.

"Sorry about that Sai." I apologized.

After that I walked back up the stairs where Haku was waiting for me with a bright smile on his face.

"Good job Yuuto!" Haku praised, with a wide smile.

"I hate to do that to Sai, but he'll be fine in a few hours." I replied with a heavy sigh.

Haku seemed to take notice that I was worried about Sai and his cheeks puffed out in a childlike pout.

"Cute..." I mumbled, feeling my face heat up again.

"Did you say something Yuuto?" Haku asked.

"N-nothing!" I quickly replied. "Look! Your match is next!"

Haku looked over at the board and saw his name.

"It seems I am." He sighed. "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck!" I replied, giving him a toothy grin.

Haku's ears turned a little red and he gave me a confident smile as he made his way to the arena. In front of him stood an Amegakure that we had faced in the forest before.

"If you're both ready, then let the match begin!" Hayate exclaimed, jumping back.

The Amegakure ninja charged at Haku with a kunai while Haku jumped back to create distance between them. Before the Ame ninja reached Haku, he made handsigns and began sinking into the ground. Haku shut his eyes and listened closely for the sound of his rebreather. Hands eventually shot up from the ground the grab his ankles, but Haku was faster. Haku threw senbon at the hands, making them look like pin cushions. 

The Ame ninja who had been stuck in the ground pulled himself out and frowned when he say he couldn't move his fingers.

"Dammit!" He cursed. "How am I going to make handsigns like this?!"

He charged at Haku blindly, but with his hands useless, Haku could easily beat him.

"Demon ice mirrors!" Haku exclaimed.

A dome made of ice formed around the Ame ninja, making him panic slightly. Haku jumped into the mirrors and no one could see what was happening, except for people with a sharingan or byakugan. The ice eventually shattered and Haku stood victoriously with a passed out Ame ninja at his feet, senbon sticking out of him everywhere.

"Haku Yuki wins!" Hayate exclaimed.

Medical ninja came in with a stretcher and took Haku's opponent away to be healed. Haku turned to me and gave me a warm smile, making my cheeks flush slightly. He made his way back up the stairs and stood next to me, looking up at me.

"Good job." I said, nodding my head.

"Thanks." He replied, his ears turning pink again.

Haku stood pretty close to me and smiled when we would make eye contact. I mostly ignored how purple my cheeks were and instead turned my attention to the next match that was going on.

The rest of the matches went by, me pretending to pay attention when I was actually sneaking glances at Haku every once in a while. Shikamaru easily won his match, outsmarting his genjutsu using opponent. Naruto and Kiba had a long, yet slightly disapointing fight, ending with Naruto winning. Neji brutally beat his cousin Hinata (who I used to think I had a crush on) and won. Gaara went up against the green wearing spandex boy Lee, who was beaten badly in the end because he only could use taijutsu. The last fight was Choji vs. Dosu, who was the weird guy from Otogakure. Choji tried his best, but in the end was brutally beaten.

Hayate had us pick slips to match us up for the finals, and in the end it looked like this;

Naruto vs. Neji

Sasuke vs. Gaara

Kankuro vs. Shino

Shikamaru vs. Temari

Dosu vs. Haku. vs. Yuuto.

Haku and I exchanged worried glances, but otherwise didn't worry about it.

"The finals will be held one month from now, you can all go home now." Hayate said before disappearing.

"Wanna just fly out of here?" I suggested.

"Sure." Haku agreed.

We climbed all of the stairs until we ended up on the roof of the tower.

"Grab my hands." I said, holding out my hands.

Haku's face tinted pink, but he grabbed my hands as usual. I jumped off of the roof and flapped my wings, flying above the forest with a smile on my face. Haku giggled like an angel as we flew over the forest, making my face turn purple as I laughed with him. We ended up flying through the village until we ended up on the streets in front of my apartment. I placed Haku down on the ground gently and then landed beside him. I ignored the strange looks people gave me and started up the stairs to my apartment, Haku following close behind me.

Once we got inside we made a lazy and quick dinner of instant ramen and then got ready for bed. As I climbed into bed I realised that my bed suddenly felt a little smaller. But with a shrug and a sigh I went to bed, having no idea what Haku was up to.

A/N

The next chapter is completely in Haku's P.O.V! That's something I look forward to writing!

Do you guys think that their relationship is progressing to fast? I hope not.