Chapter 17

I let Jason drive the car back to the house. He tried to talk to me, but I ignored him. Eventually we reached the house... seeming much larger than before... Like, MUCH larger! The house is literally twice the size it was before, both in length and width! And the ground, untouched, as though a tornado never even came close to eating us alive.

While you two were having your little dispute, the three Betas decided to increase the size of your living quarters. It was much cramped before, but now you have more legroom.

Wow...

Though... you may wish to go inside, like RIGHT NOW! A witch has overtaken Andrew's body!

What?! I threw my door open and dashed inside the house. Nothing... the backyard... I rushed the backyard, and surely enough, they were there... Alexis and Andy were in their werewolf forms, holding their ground on all fours. And then there was Andrew... in his wolf form, but... around his neck was a rainbow necklace. On his hands were open-finger gloves that fit his razor-sharp claws. And the rest of his body was dressed in a skin-tight black jumpsuit, just like a ninja...

The entire backyard was shrouded in a jungle-green mist. Before stepping outside, I noticed that neither Alexis nor Andy had their forms altered. Do they have some sort of immunity?

Andrew is a warlock. Warlock's magic have no direct effect on werewolves. They can summon demons to do the dirty work, but that's about it. They can't cast a spell on a wolf when in their most potent form.

Okay... and me?

Unfortunately, if you were to go out there, you would be knocked out instantly, no matter how brightly you shine your eyes.

So am I supposed to just stay inside?!

Figure that out for yourself, princess. I have faith.

Grr...

"I'm going out there," Jason said, getting on his hands and feet and barely changing form. I guess his full power can't be reached unless the moon is out... which means my power most likely won't be as strong.

"Be safe..." I mumble. Jason looks at me and smiles before moving to the other side of the sliding glass door to the backyard.

"What happened here?!" Jason asked the Betas.

"Andrew found a way to learn spells, which he used to expand the house. All of a sudden, his body was overtaken by some witch named Animosity. Thankfully she hasn't hurt any of us, but I don't know what she's planning..." recounted Alexis.

"Well, what if we attack head-on?"

"We'd like to go for a triangular assault. Are you ready?" asked Alexis.

"Let's go!" Jason said as he hopped on Alexis's and Andy's hands. Both lifted him up as he pushed off with his hind legs and hopped high into the sky. I stared at him for almost 10 seconds, and he was still flying...

Right then, Andy hurled himself into the shape of a boulder and had Alexis kick him at Andrew. Andy unrolled himself and spun in a circle, creating a grinding-gear shape attack sharpened by his claws. He looked exactly like a shuriken flying directly at its target. Andrew just barely managed to dodge the attack as it was coming at him at lightning speed. Just as Andrew dodged, Andy stretched out his hind paw and slashed at Andrew, leaving a deep cut across Andrew's stomach.

Andrew struggled to regain his balance while Andy flipped over and landed and faced Andrew. Alexis was right there, so he grabbed her by the hind legs and spun her round and round like a hammer throw and released her as soon as they looked like a spinning top with swirling color. Alexis was released, and she spun with her hands to her sides. Like a torpedo, she was flying at high speeds despite the resistance around her. She then conjured an iron cone-shaped nail upon her skull, giving her the appearance of a drill. A direct hit! Andrew was screwed in his back, leaving him hunched backwards and on the ground, unable to levitate.

Above them comes a diving bomber wolf with its fangs out and ready to pierce through the warlock... that's when Alexis and Andy bared their teeth and lunged themselves towards Andy.

I was for sure they made direct contact! Until... all that green mist entered the ground beneath and grew giant, thick wood, age-old trees that burst out and tangled all around the three wolves. There was no magic in the trees... just... a powerful force of nature that has been altered... The three maintained their wolf forms... well, two of them did... Jason... He's being held by all fours, and he's no longer in his werewolf form, not that he was much in it before... His power wasn't enough without being in the moon...

While this fight was taking place, I was able to find just what I was looking for... But seeing Jason like that, I broke through the glass door and screamed his name. "JASON!"

Jason was being constricted. His lungs hardly able to hold any air as the branches of the tree squeezed tighter and tighter...

"JASON! LOOK OUT!"

He closed his eyes and smiled at me once more and mouthed, "Do it..."

I cupped one of my eyes with one hand, and up to my other I held a magnifying glass. A very wide one at that. Staying underneath the shade, I activated my power in my right eyeball. The light was intense. I could tell because Jason's breathing was returning to normal, and Andy's and Alexis's bodies were being released. The tree must be photoreceptive. Perfect...

I stared dead straight into the eyes of the witch that lies within Andrew's body. Get the heck out of there!

Thestream of light exited from my eye. Having one eye closed allowed for doublethe energy to be emitted from my one eye while putting a little strain on my left.But the light traveled through the magnifying glass. Its rays intensifiedbeyond belief! The light being almost comparable to that of the sun when upclose! Thank heavens everyone else kept their eyes closed... especially....Especially Jason...