Chapter 42

"Well, what'd you think of my movie selection?" Jason asked as the end credits rolled in on my laptop.

"I think that that was one of the most Pokétastic movies I have ever watched!"

We just finished watching Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. Jason was right. We did have another movie we wanted to see... I feel all tingly knowing that my boofie is a Pokémon fan just like me!

I cuddled up into his arms after he set my laptop aside. It felt so nice to be able to see again... To see colors. To see images. To see everything and not just have bits and pieces of information touching my visual cortex yet not registering.

Prince.

What...?!

Jason.

"We're having a moment!" Jason complained as Griffon interrupted us once again.

I apologize to ruin your Pokémon after-movie makeout session- (Did he really have to say it like that...?) But I have a serious matter that I need to discuss with you both...

Jason and I both sighed and grumbled, "What...?"

What I am about to discuss with you both will change the course of your lives from here on... The events that you have experienced up to now have been simple tests. You two are ready...

Life changing...? Tests...? What the heck is he talking about?

Please gather the pack.

"Okay, Griffon..." Jason said after calling for a meeting in the dining room. We had to wait for the Betas to get back from the movies. I left them some chickpea blondies that I baked while I was still blinded. Everyone seemed to like them, but I don't know if they're just saying that to be nice because they think I will burn them to the ground by giving them a cold stare.

Don't be surprised if that is the truth.

Opinion not needed nor asked for.

Relax, Princess... They all love them. Going through the trouble of baking a brownie substitute? Very commendable.

It wasn't so much a substitute as it was just a recipe that I've been baking for several years... They weren't meant to be brownie substitutes so much as a tasty vanilla treat, which works out perfectly since they can't have chocolate.

"Everyone is here, Griffon... You said that you wish to discuss something that will change the course of our lives... what are you saying?"

The three Betas glance at each other, sigh, and then stare down at the ground... Do they already know?

The Betas here are already aware of what is coming.

Oh...?

Prince, Jason.

Jason and I look up from the Betas, exchange confused expressions, and direct our attention to Griffon.

As a team, you have done a phenomenal job protecting one another and living as one unit to protect each other. Your abilities, however, as of now will not suffice.

Will not suffice... will not suffice?! Ahem, who the heck was the one who saved him from the Prime Alpha?! Who saved him from being killed?! KILLED!! A demigod who couldn't even protect himself has the nerve to tell us that our abilities are "not enough?" The nerve of him, I swear...