Chapter 41

"Ah, yes, five peanut butter banana smoothies," I told the cashier.

"You mean the peanut butter chocolate banana smoothie?"

"Yeah, no... No chocolate. Oh, and could you add vanilla to those?"

The cashier scrunched one of his eyebrows in confusion. I gave him the eyebrow back to get on his nerves. It worked! I got a grumble and a teeth grind out of him!

"Drink up, everyone," I said as I handed the sweaty threesome in the back seats. Andrew had just finished his daily routine that I assigned for him, Alexis had just finished basketball practice, and Andy had just finished demolishing his competition at his swim meet.

I handed the last one to Jason sitting in the passenger seat.

"Cheers!" he said as we cheered to yet another day down in the week.

"Yo, anyone wanna watch Deadpool this weekend?!" Andy asked in excitement. Alexis and Andrew agreed and asked if Jason and I were up for it.

"Sure..." I said hesitantly. I'm not much of a Deadpool fan, and he kinda freaks me out with all the wild fighting and phrases he says... If these guys wanna see it, then I guess-

"Nah," Jason replies. Everyone, including myself, looks at him in confusion.

"Why not?!" Andy questioned. "I would have thought that this action movie is exactly the type of movie you'd wanna see!"

"Why do you say that?" Jason asked.

"Out of all of us, you seem like you'd be the most into bloody violence."

Jason into bloody violence? Yeah, he tore his own mother's head off, but I wouldn't say Jason's really into that kind of stuff... it seemed like I was the only one who believed that, though.

"Gotta admit, I would imagine that you'd want to see this movie," Alexis said.

"Agreed. Of course your movements are lot more violent and agile, but still."

"You three can go out to see it," Jason said as he turned his dreamy hazel eyes towards me... his pupils dilate so much when he turns to look at me, as though staring into my eyes lessens the intensity of the light entering his eyes, giving him that sweet, innocent, adorable, fluffy, lovable, huggable, cuddly puppy that I know, love, and can't resist! "Danny and I here have another movie that we wanna see..."

"We do?" I asked Jason through my mind.

"We do," Jason replied in his head and with a smile.

"Well, can we at least see something together?" Andy asked. "Anything you want!"

"Even if it's Sharknado 5?" I asked.

The Betas in the back looked at each other in disgust and argued with their eyes who should be the one to tell me "hell no."

"I'm just yanking your chains!" I say, bringing a synced, heavy line of sighs of relief. Geez, do they really hate the movie series that much? Eh, who am I kidding? I would rather lick Jason's toenails than watch that movie.

"It's not like your feet smell any better..." Jason said out loud, reading my mind.

"Quit reading my mind!" I shout as I punch Jason, spilling some of his drink on his shorts. That'll leave a stain.... Along with the fifteen million other stains that make up his pants... I call it a mess. He calls it "colorful cargo art." The stains are "patterned" like those of cargo pants, and the stains are all sorts of odd colors ranging from a... urine yellow? To a... brown- never mind.

"How about we go out to play minigolf?" Andrew suggested.

"Nah," Alexis replied. "I'd whoop your butts too quickly."

"You are sooo on," Andy replied.

Jason and I looked at each other and smirked. We've been through plenty of golf simulators to consider ourselves pros. What's the best way to become a master at it? Playing Wii Sports... but not just Wii Sports... Wii Sports Resort!

Realizing this, Jason and I couldn't help but burst out into laughter at how great of "pros" we'd be!

"Then it's settled!" Jason said, dismissing the tension between the Betas. "Saturday night, Cliff's Kid's Golf Center!"

"Yeah!" we all toasted our cups once again.

This is exactly how a pack should be... Family treatment, equality in decision making, problem solving, and a strong bond that puts your pack on top of the world...