Chapter 35

"Scared?" Griffon asks, lowering his voice and taking the British down a couple thousand notches.

I may be blind, but I can still comprehend that the water rolling out of my eyes are not tears of joy.

"Griffon... what if... what if I can never see again..."

"Nonsense! Jason will find Melinda and bring her to cure you. She's done it with every other Ocular Power Princess!"

"Griffon... how many Ocular Power Princes has she cured..."

"Well... none... because you're the first, prince."

"Then who's to say that I'll be cured?"

"You shouldn't speak like that. She is a master healer. If she cannot heal you, then-" he stopped when he realized that whatever he said afterwards would only force me to feel more defeated.

"Griffon..." Another tear rolled out of the water buildup in my eyelids and rolled in a sinusoidal pattern down my cheekbones as I shake my head slowly.

"Speak no more, princess. What you need is comfort," he says as I hear him rise up and knock back his chair and grasp my head with his- oh... And here I thought the only body I'd ever feel was- "Do you feel better, princess?" I hold the buffed up arm holding my neck and the hand atop my head and lean back into his meaty pillow chest...

"Hey, Griffon...?"

"Yes, my prince?" he says so warmly and softly as his arms hold more of my upper body.

"Griffon... please...?"

"Yes... Yes, my prince..." he whispers as he moves his hands from my chest to my torso.

"Griffon... please... put on some pants because I can smell your junk from right here..."

"Shh... just relax, my prince..."

Thermoception,the sense that allows you to distinguish between hot and cold and everything between. Right now my thermoreceptors are spinning out of control as the ones in my light cherry face cause my face to turn into the rosy red color you get when you try to hold your breath for too long... 

"Danny! I'm home!" said a voice that I could never mistake, even if I lost my hearing... I hear footsteps... no... handsteps and footsteps... he's climbing the stairs with all four of his paws... and he's continuing on all fours as he chases for the door to open and then "Hey, pup!" He shouted as he hopped into our bed and cuddled me up like a giant teddy bear... well, for me, it feels more like my teddy bear is cuddling me. "Danny, can you come downstairs?"

"Aw man... my thermoreceptors and my 'pleasure-receptors' were just excited..."

"What?" he laughed confusingly, as though I just found his milky underwear on the carpet that he hoped I wouldn't see. Oh, wait. I did- "Danny... she's here..."

I made it to the bottom of the staircase, but I couldn't detect anyone else but Jason.

"Jason? Where is she?"

"Danny... she's right in front of you..."

I look directly in front of me, turning up and down, but I cannot see who this is whatsoever.

Snap.

I flinch and all of a sudden I'm picking up someone's presence about 4.3 feet in front of me with a height of about 6 feet and 4.7 inches. The person is keeping a calm composure with their very perfect posture and has a figure that I cannot mistake... The same figure that is currently smiling widely and laughing to herself as she realizes that Jason was telling the truth after all.... Wait, what?