Chapter 20

I shut the door behind me when I stepped outside, held my back against the door, and slid down onto my bottom and just bawled my eyes out. Why?! What is wrong with me?! Why am I letting a past relationship that never became a thing affect me?! He hurt me! He- speak of the devil...

At the bottom of the porch steps (yes, we have a porch now...), a redhead with wide yet beautiful dark eyes and a bulky build approaches me hesitantly. He's wearing a green, skin-tight sweater that shows his gains and jeans that are doing the same. He's got a nice body that any guy or girl would go gaga over... why did it have to be me he attacked...

"Mind if I sit with you?" spoke a voice much deeper than Jason's. One that I hadn't hurt in quite some time... It's too soon...

I shook my head and scooted over for him to sit next to me.

The first thing he did was laugh and shake his head after he sat down, as though he were in disbelief.

"I... This is the first time you're seeing me in person, not in my wolf form..."

"You've sent me enough pictures. You just look a lot bigger in person."

"And you still look pretty cute with your 'at-home' build. You're small enough to be held, yet big enough to hold others."

This is discomforting. I said nothing to respond to that.

"Er... sorry..." he said.

"You're fine..." No, he's not.

Neither of us spoke a word for several minutes until he finally got down to business.

"Danny, I had no idea that you'd end up being the Ocular Power Prince."

"And I had no idea that you'd end up being one of the Betas, Andy..."

"Um... thank you, for healing me... and for saving us earlier..." he said, trying to change the subject.

"Heh, it wasn't much... I'm glad you're all okay... Where are Alexis and Andrew?"

"Alexis is taking care of Andrew in a bedroom. He was pretty beat from our attacks, so she's reassuring that nothing more happens to him."

"..."

"Danny, talk to me. How many months has it been since we last spoke?"

"Not long enough..."

"Hey!"

"I'm sorry, but... Andy... you hurt me..."

"..."

"Look, I know I screwed up, okay? But... you drove me away, and then you ask me to be with you again? Just so you can explode again?"

"Danny.... First of all, you cheated on me-"

"We weren't together! I met you online! A place where all sorts of dumbos go to mess around with other people! Like heck I knew what I was doing! You and I weren't official, so I had a little fun of my own. I mean, I wouldn't do something like that now."

"Yeah, cause now you've got a hot boyfriend who must please you all the time under your pants."

"Jason is not like that!"

"And I'm not either!"

"Andy, if you were so bothered by me cheating on you like that-"