Chapter 18

Great, back in lala land.... I always come here when I least expect it. What happened this time?

"Well, well, well..." said a baritone.

"What... here to judge me on how I handled the situation...?"

"Well... well done, my prince..."

"Hm?" He doesn't want to criticize me on how I basically went in not knowing anything?

"I wouldn't say you didn't know anything. I'd like to know, how did the idea of using a circular prism come to you? That was pure genius!"

"Eh... It's called a magnifying glass. The mist seemed nearly impenetrable. I wasn't sure if the mist was that thick or if my rays would need to be that much stronger. Magnifying glasses are perfect for centering rays in one spot. My spot was Andrew's eyes. The magnifying glass pierced through any remaining mist that wasn't released into the ground, and I was able to hit the eye... I was worried that I would have ended up killing Andrew... like I almost killed Damien..."

"Princess, you didn't kill Damien. He made a smart call and phoned his parents to pick him up. I couldn't stop laughing because they thought he was drunk!"

"Eh hehe... but... what about Andrew? Did I damage him permanently?"

A moment of silence. I don't like this.

"Just kidding!" I hate you, Griffon! You had me scared to death! I thought I killed him or something! "Nah, you're fine. If anything, hitting him with that beam put a stop to the witch inside of him. The witch is dead, but the powers remain... You've given Andrew a gift. And the remnants of your intense rays healed everyone. Just as they did when you put out that cyclone. You never healed Aden before that point, but as soon as the light was released all became better. So much better that the energy drain knocked you out... twice..."

"I'm knocked out? Can I wake up?"

"You best rest for now. Using your power does come at a great price. Though, I must say that you're developing the power with great progress."

"I don't know about that... But, Griffon... I want to wake up... I... Jason..."

Griffon cracked a smile and then burst out into laughter.

"What's so funny, demigod?!"

"Whoa, have some manners, princess. Do you know why that witch was able to take over Andrew in the first place?"

"They said a witch just came out of nowhere."

"Yes, but... do you remember what we talked about? About how any hostility between the Ocular Power Prince and the Prime Omega can lead to anarchy with the rest of the werewolves."

"Are you saying... that..."

"Danny," he hardly ever calls me that, so I'm a bit surprised. He must be dead serious. "First of all, yes, I am dead serious. Second, I do understand how you must have felt to see Jason kissing another man. However, remember what else I said?"

"That... that the Ocular Power Prince and the Prime Omega... don't necessarily need to be in love... just not hate..." Great... Yet another thing that my own emotions caused...

"Princess, I don't want you to think that you're not allowed to have these sorts of feelings. But you do need to understand that you must be careful in how you express them. One wrong step, and something like what happened to Andrew could have been fatal..."

"I know... and, I'm sorry..."

"You really need not apologize! For it was your love for Jason that restored order! I saw the way you smiled at each other. Now that is how you heal a pack."

"You're saying that loving Jason helped us to save the wolves?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Loathe was defeated by love. Animosity was defeated by care. You did very well, princess. I mean that. You should be proud."

"Heh..." Thanks, Griffon...

"Do you really wish to wake up, Danny?" I'm glad he's being serious...

"I would. Very much..."

"Very well..."