12

"Let's go," Zee said moving towards me. "I will take you to your house."

"And you think that will be wise?" Julian asked.

"Stay out of it."

"He is not wrong," Albert added.

"And you should stay out of this too." Zee is angry, that will be obvious to even a blind person because of the way he spoke to his elder brother.

"She should stay here," Julian suggested.

"No, I know of a better safe house," Albert said.

"I am taking her to her house and that's final," Zee added.

God save me, please. All the embarrassment I faced because of my stomach was of no use as the tension in the air reached its peak.

Three of them looks like they can attack each other any second and the main problem is I don't even know what the problem is. If I am unaware of the problem, trying to figure out its solution is impossible.

"Alright" I begin "I get you people are angry and are unable to come to a solution but I won't be able to help until I can know what problem's solution do we need to figure out. Because at this rate three of you may engage in a fight and believe me that will make the situation worse." I am surprised myself on how mature I sounded but it seems to work.

"I think she should stay here." Albert finally said.

Good. Two vs one. Problem solved.

"What?!" That was a collective question from almost everyone in the room.

Okay, the problem is not quite solved yet.

Julian also looks super surprised, even though that was what he wanted.

But the most surprised one was Zee, who asked, "Come again?"

To which Albert replied, "You and I will be busy today. We need to talk to him. And leaving her alone can be dangerous. This will be the safest place, for time being."

"I am not leaving her alone here with vampires."

"He is her mate."

"She is a human."

"I am aware of that. And this situation is still better. Think about her being a wolf and having a vampire mate. Things would be so much worse then."

This silents Zee. "But she is not staying here alone," he said after thinking for a while.

"I was wondering if Shane can stay." This was directed towards Julian, who simply nodded his head.

With this the hard matter at hand solved. Zee, Albert, and Mary left, but before going Mary gave me a disgusting look. Ok its official now, she hates me. And I don't even blame her.

But after they left there was another problem, the awkward silence.

I don't know even a single person in this room. I am not even sure about all of their names. What should I say? Should I just talk casually? Or should I wait for someone to talk first?

At this, Shane came to my rescue. "Do you people have some meat here? I will cook for my sister."

My sister. I didn't hope him to be so welcoming. It feels good. But meat..."But I am a vegetarian." I informed him. Great, just when he was trying to take a step ahead, I pushed him away. Well done Rose. He does seem disappointed and now I feel terrible. "Sorry." I finally said in a defeated manner.

"No, it's fine. I was just thinking of some vegetarian dish's recipe. But I will need a lot of ingredients." He said the last part while looking towards the members of the Black family, who at once took the hint.

"We will bring some. Let's go, Jake." Justin volunteered while dragging Jake with him, who don't seem so excited about their small trip.

"But why me?" Jake finally asked.

"Because I am not going," Jeremy said while linking his arm with mine. "I want to stay and talk to my sister-in-law."

His this action is neither appreciated by Julian nor by Shane, who shows there displeasure by makes some dangerous noises. Justin, at once, released my arm and put his hands in the air, in a surrendering position.

This made me laugh. "You are so cute," I told Jeremy while rubbing his head. I needed to stand on my toes in order to do so. Why each one of them is so tall? Or am I short?

"You people heard, right? She called me cute. I am her favorite now." Jeremy said with pride in his voice.

In his reply, Jack said to Justin in the most dramatic manner, "Please, I beg of you, take me with you. Don't leave me here alone, please." This scene made everyone laugh.

Everyone, except for Julian.

In fact, I have not seen him even smiling after our encounter in the bedroom when I told him my name. He looked so happy then. Is he now upset that I am related to wolfs?

Will he not like me now?