36

It will be impossible to kill him as no one knows how to kill a firstborn.

"No one does?"

"No. To kill any creature one has to either chop their head off or to destroy their heart but these tricks don't work on firstborns."

This is bad.

"Don't worry about it cub. I will take care of that. You just need to focus on getting better, ok?"

"Yaa..... We both know that is not gonna happen."

At this, he just smiled. He knows me so well, even though we have not spent much time together.

"It was worth a try. But first I need to feed you. You must be hungry."

"I am starving."

-----------------------
After a while,
-----------------------

I am getting downstairs, holding Julian's hand, who was walking ahead of me.

"Where are we, by the way? I mean in bright land or dark land."

"Dark land. Staying in bright land for long is dangerous."

Saying the person who alone defeated the whole army of The Dragon King to find me. Yup, he did and now he is the king of the dark land.

According to Julian, he needed to be the king so he can use the stronger army to attack bright land to rescue me but I think he was just mad about the fact that I was in trouble because of The Dragon King and did this to punish him.

Either way, he is now the king.

"So.... what kind of person your eldest brother is?" Jonathan is here to see me. This will be the first time I will meet any elders from Julian's family and I want to have a good first impression.

"You will see when you meet him and...... don't worry. He will like you."

"Are you sure you don't have the power to read minds?"

"I can read only you just because you are so easy to read, cub."

"No. I am not."

He laughed before agreeing, "Ok.. ok.. you are not."

He always let me wins. I am sure he is not like this with others.

We reached the living room and a gentleman-kind-of-Julian-look-alike person got up from his seat to greet us.

"Julian! Or is it the King now?" He teased Julian.

"It will always be Julian for you." Julian seems really happy to see this person and I guess he is very eager to introduce me to him.
"Rose he is my elder brother, the future king of vampires and my father-figure, Jonathon Black. And she is my mate, Rose."

I have never ever seen Julian being so excited.

Jonathan gives me a warm smile before extending his hand for me to shake, "It's my pleasure to meet you. My brother talks about you a lot."

I smiled in return before shaking his hand, "It's really nice to meet you too." He seems like a good person.

But what happened next was not good.

As soon I touch his hand, pictures started flowing in front of my eyes, one by one.

I could see a woman being murdered, or I should say killing herself. With the help of a dagger, she is cutting herself. Her whole body is covered in blood, however, she is not the one who is behind all this.

She is hurting herself but that's not what she wants to do. Someone is making her do it and the worst part is I can't stop her. All I can do is to stay where I was and watch her peeling her skin off.

Plus I am also feeling pain, it is not physical but emotional.

I don't know where this pain is coming from but it is so strong, just like it is my mate who is doing this and I can't stop him.

Tears started flowing from my eyes as Julian was trying to divert my attention towards himself, "What in the hell happened!?"

He doesn't see that. He doesn't know what happened, and neither do I.

I let go of Jonathan's hand, which I was clutching tightly.

And I put my arms around Julian and hugged him, "I am sorry......" I said while sobbing.

"Shh.... calm down. Everything is fine."

"I am so sorry......" That was horrible. I can't just keep those images out of my mind.

"Cub... don't cry please......." Julian said in a pleading voice, just as begging me. Does my crying hurt him that much? I don't want to hurt him. I need to stop crying, but it was terrifying.

Julian make me sit on a couch before sitting near me.

"Tell me..... what happened?" Julian's voice is very soft and gentle, just like he don't want to scare me.

But I can't talk to him right now. I will not be able to talk to him right now.