39

I was happy but my happiness disappeared as quickly as it came.

Justin entered the office at the speed of lightning and said, "Queen died."

Which queen? Queen of bright land, my aunt?

Justin saw me there too and lower his head, maybe he didn't expect me there. He is ashamed of what he did. I want to have a talk about THAT with him too, but this is not the time for it.

I turned my head towards Julian. "What did you forgot to tell me?"

He just sighed in return before saying, "When we attacked the bright land, Queen got injured in the process. Justin was treating him until now...... but......"

Oh, come on! Tell me already. He is hiding something from me.

"And you people are sad because she died or what?......"

"No. They are worried because you need to handle the crown now" said Lily, who just entered the room with Jack and she was chained.

As soon as Jack saw me he hung his head down too. God! This is awkward. But I will deal with these brothers later.

"Why me? And why is she chained?" These questions were directed towards Julian, who looked angry.

"I asked Jack to bring her here. I needed to interrogate her as she....... she...... tried to harm you."

"Tried to harm me? When did that happen?"

"She was..... Well, she tried to......"

Julian was interrupted by Albert, who clearly don't want me to know anything, "You don't need to worry about anything. Just go outside and do something fun."

"She tried to......... to do what?" I totally ignored Albert even though I know he is trying to protect me but I am not a doll placed in a showcase. I want to help and for that, I need to know everything.

"She tried to transfer your powers to her." Julian also ignored Albert's advice but Albert doesn't look upset. Instead, he smiled, as he also thinks Julian and I are just made for each other.

No.... wait..... TRANSFER POWERS!!

I turned around to face Lily and said just one word, "Why?".

Well, my first question should be 'how' but I am already aware of the existence of the great Dolus.

"Because of Dolus!" Lily is angry herself.

Why every time I get in a problem, it is created by Dolus? Just why?

"Explain. If you were working for Dolus and he was going to transfer my powers to you...... Why were you in prison?"

"To keep an eye on you! Dolus thought you are really powerful and great so you will be able to contact someone. I don't know why he is such a big fan of yours. Your looks are just average and you are overweight. The only thing you has is that power of yours! If I just could----------"

"Since when you have a crush on Dolus?" I interrupted her and now it was her turn to get embarrassed. How can she call me average looking and overweight in front of Julian!? I just so want to murder her right now!! But I have a better idea.
"And why will you like some creep like Dolus? He is a total psychopath!!-------"

"How can you say that about someone who liked you so much!!?"

Ok! This girl is determined to destroy my ship with Julian. But I can't let that happen.

"If that psycho 'liked' me, why would he agree to transfer my powers to you? Don't tell me he didn't know that could kill me." That's true. Transferring powers can kill a person, how do I know that? I just do, okay? Get over it.

"We told him that mom wants to transfer my powers to her, so he agreed..... But you people killed my mother too!!"

"Don't you think that would have transferred my curse to you too?"

"Who won't like that curse? It's not a curse but a blessing. Getting men rolled around your fingers------------"

"You are sick!!" She is crazy. If I think Dolus is a psycho, she is a step ahead. "So you were kept in the prison to block my powers, so you have the power to block others, right?"

She didn't reply but I know I am right.

"Okay...... So what do you know about the thing with which your mother was forcing Dolus." When I last thought about that, Dolus told me not to dig more. I think that thing can help us in killing him or stopping him at least.

When she didn't reply again, Jack was going to hit her but Julian stopped him. He doesn't want me to see anyone hitting my cousin because he knows I don't like it, even though she did so many bad things to me.

And they don't need to do it either. I have a better plan.

I walked towards her and hold her hands tightly and what I saw will haunt me for the rest of my life.