17

I felt relieved when I saw it struggling with its chains. I thought it will be able to break the cells and attack me. For a second I thought it was my end.

My legs lost their power and I fall back on the ground.

My scream must have alerted the guard who came to check upon us.

"Hey princess, you better be quite" guard 1 said.

"Are you sure she is the overpower creature everyone is talking about. She is a scaredy cat" guard 2 mocked.

I am offended. Scaredy cat. I am not letting them go with it.
"I dare you to open this cage. Then I will show you what this scaredy cat can do. If I didn't make you pee your pants I will change my name to scaredy cat!!" I replied to the 2nd guard in such a cold and dangerous voice it almost scared me too.

But it seems to work. All the five guards, along with the werewolf, looks quite frightened. My badass image seems to give me an upper hand, even though I know I will not be able to compete with even one of them, let alone all of them.

But from their conversation from before, I am sure that they won't dare to harm 'the dragon's gift'. I don't like being treated as an object but this is a good safety measure for now.

The guards retreated and left me alone before warning the werewolf to behave.

This event helped me in realizing two things 1. These guards are scared of me. 2. I am screwed. There are about five guards who came in within 5 seconds of my scream. There must be more outside. How will I ever be able to fool so many guards and escape?

I was trying to come up with a plan but fall asleep instead.

I am lying in a bed with soft blankets around. I am trying to sleep when I heard a scream. I tried to look what's going on when I saw Zee with a blade in his hand. He is stabbing someone. His right eye is bleeding as he got a cut there, the mark of which is fresh even today.

The woman he stabbed fall on the ground, her face toward me, her eyes pure white, as she tries to say something to me. I couldn't hear her. But then Zee came near me, blocking my view, the bloody dagger still in his hands. He patted my head and said, "It is over now. You should go back to sleep, Rose." I turned around just to see a baby sleeping peacefully near me.

And then many other images started showing themselves one after another. I couldn't comprehend any of the images. There are pictures of the murdered woman, Zee, Albert and then the king along with many other people I have never seen before.

A loud bang forced me to end my dream and come back to reality. I saw a guard who threw a few pieces of bread in my cell and ordered me to finish them before leaving.

What was that dream? Did Zee kill someone in the past? Or was it just a result of cold and hunger?

I eyed the bread in front of me. They simply threw it to the ground. The old me would never even think about eating them but right now I am starving. I am not sure how long I have been here or how long will it take me to escape.

I pick up the first piece and heard a noise. It is the same werewolf from the cell opposite to mine. He is now in his human form, naked. I am trying to mind my own business when I notice a child near him. She is around 10 and is staring at my piece of bread like she is not given food in a century.

Oh, come on. It's not like I am having a feast here. I only have these two pieces of bread. I am not even sure if it is my last meal. And now this!

I am trying my best to ignore her but it is getting harder and harder.

"God! I have lost my mind! Here take it" I said to the child and throw a piece of bread in her cage. First, she hesitated but the hunger got the best of her and she ate it in one go. "Slowly girl, you will choke on it. Take this one too" I said as I throw the second piece in her direction too. I know I have lost my mind but I can't eat like this in front of a child.

"Why?" asked the girl's cage mate. I looked back at him. He looks quite young with red hair and blue eyes which were searching my face for answers.

"I don't think that child has done something so wrong to starve her like this. Plus it will hurt my pride." I quickly added as I didn't want to present myself as a soft person. I need to keep my badass image alive.

"She didn't" the wolf replied. "Thank you. And I apologize for before. I just couldn't control myself."

"Ahh....that. Forget about it. It's fine." It's not fine. You scared the hell out of me for no reason.

At least he won't do it again. I think.