42

After all the enjoyment, I was thrown back to my real life, the messed up one.

"What do you mean I NEED to be the Queen!? I don't wanna do that!!" I don't want to take the place which belonged to my mother.

Albert began in a low voice, "I know, princess........ I know how you feel---------"

"Don't call me that........ Don't call me princess........ J-just think of another nickname....... please." Even listening to that word reminds me of Dolus and I don't want to be reminded of that..... creep, monster, psycho.

Albert didn't understand what I meant and I am not willing to explain. "Okay....? But the main point. You just don't have much of a choice. You are the only member alive in the royal family....... or well who is not in the prison."

"Can't we just let her cousin go...... Rose will be free from the responsibility than" suggested by Shane.

"First no... we can't. She can't be forgiven for what she did. She slaughters her own siblings without any reason. The crown always belonged to her as she was the eldest daughter of the family." Julian explained. He is worried about my safety. If Lily got that much of power she can come after me. And things can get nasty. But........

"Well, she was not going to be the next leader. She had an elder brother" I said.

That got me attention from everyone in the room, who are giving me looks like 'what are you talking about'. What did I say wrong?

"That's not how it works. Bright land always has a Queen, not a king. And dark land can be only ruled by a King" Julian kindly explained.

Now I feel stupid.

"But I am still not up for being a queen and take all of those responsibilities and all. I am fine the way I am."

"If you don't agree, then bright land won't have a ruler and everything will fall apart. The greedy ones will destroy the weaker ones--------"

"That's emotional blackmailing Albert."

"Also you will be safer that way" Zee added.

"Safer?.......Ah because I am a hybrid." I almost forgot about that. If I become the queen, others at least won't try to kill me all the time. That's a good deal but..... "One more important question. ''Is the king of dark land allowed to stay together with the queen of bright land?"

Silence.

"No. No. No. No. No way in hell I am agreeing to that. No. Never. I don't care if others come to chop my head every single day, I am NOT doing that." I said while sitting on a couch while folding my legs, still shaking my head as no because that's never going to happen. I am not leaving Julian for a stupid crown. I don't even like wearing crowns.

"I told you my idea is the best option," Julian said to Albert, who along with everyone else, knew that I am not changing my decision.

"And what's your brilliant plan?"

"We can elope."

Ok... that was not what I thought. For a second I thought he might ask to keep a secret relationship or something.

"You don't want to elope with me?" He asked with an innocent pout.

Damn! He is so cute.

"I can't believe how much that guy has changed." Shane's comment earned him a deadly glare from Julian. Sweet.

"We are getting off topic here. So will it do if I and Julian just vanish in thin air?" Something tells me it won't.

"No, it won't. By doing that both dark and white land won't have a leader. This will give chance to hunters to attack and that won't be pleasant." Albert explained.

"So what now!?" I don't think I have another option but I don't want to break-up with Julian. We are not even in an official relationship yet.

"Now, what you are going to do is to go home and have a rest. You are up for long enough and you are still recovering. And I am not taking no for an answer." Julian added the last part when I was going to protest. It's not often I get a chance to spend time with my siblings. In fact, It's the very first time.

But I am tired. I don't want to go in a coma again.

"Let's go."

-----------------------

I changed my side on my bed and felt his hard body there.

"Good morning, cub."

I just open my one eye to look at his perfect face and smiled to myself before hugging him. "Don't you get bored? Just lying down and watching me sleep."

Creatures don't need to sleep as much as humans do. Also, I sleep more than an average human.

He just stocked my cheek before saying, "I can never get bored of you. Also, I don't want you to get up alone in this big bed."

We both knew that's not the entire truth. He said he was not letting me out of his sight again and he meant it. He had never left me alone after that incident.

I thought he still blamed himself for what happened.

I pushed these thoughts out of my mind and turned again, landing on top of him, our faces just inches away.

I could feel his body tensed a little because of my sudden action but he instantly calmed down and put his hands on my back, holding me tight in the place where I was.

We locked our eyes. I started playing with his hair and he tucked mine behind my ear before I leaned in for a kiss.

I am not even going to stop even if an army straight away walked in this room. I had waited enough.

I wanted my kiss, right here, right now.