20

They found us.

Julian picked up his speed.

But how? And that too so quickly. I don't think any of them will betray us..........Mary. It must be her. She wasn't the part of the plan but she found out..........

Why? Just why does she hate me so much? I get it my mother died during our birth but we are twins, I can't alone be blamed for it. Now I am very angry. Not only all of our struggle went to drain but Julian is in danger too. If they caught us....... BOOM.

"We lost them. Good shot by the way."

"That's good.... What shot?"

"You didn't notice attacking them."

"I did?"

"Yes. You saved us."

But I wasn't even thinking about......No wait I was angry on Mary. So my powers show them whenever I am afraid or angry. Good to know.

"We are almost there."

"Where?"

"Here."

"Justin." He just jumps off a nearby tree.

"Do we need to carry her like this too?" asked Jack who is leaning against another tree.

"I dare you!! We will talk about 'that' when this ends." Julian said to him before putting me down and continued "They have food and clothing for you. Stay with them. I will meet you soon" as he touches my cheek slightly.

"Change of plan?" asked Justin.

"Someone was following us. I need to distract them" with this Julian left, leaving me with two people I only know the name of.

------------

------------

It was very awkward. I was following Jack as Justin was behind me. The problem was not that I am being sandwiched between both the brothers, the problem was the awkward silence.

I can understand that they don't wanna talk to me but can't they talk to each other too? Are they having a fight?

"There is a cave nearby with food and clothes. We will rest there tonight" Justin informed me.

It started getting dark. I remember the incident in the car when I thought it was getting dark and Zee just knew what I was thinking. Did he always use his powers on me?

'Breathe'. This time it was the voice. I missed it.

We reached the cave. I changed my clothes and had some food. And by some, I mean a lot.

"When was the last time you ate?" Justin asked.

"I don't even remember."

"Good. I am surprised you were smart enough to know not to eat something they provide you there. It could be drugged."

"What!?"

"You didn't know?"

"God, I gave my food to a child who was starving!! I didn't know it was drugged!! What have I done?"

"Relax. They wouldn't have poisoned you. At most the child will be unconscious for a while."

"But she was a small child! What if the dose they provided were harmful when given to a child that young!?"

"That child must not be a human. Believe me that drug will show more effect on you then that child. I am a doctor."

That does make sense. I just hope that the child is fine.

"Yaa! Julian told me you can heal people. That's why you are a doctor, right? That's a great power to have!"

"Yes....."

What's with dry yes? Dude, I just complimented you.

Anyways. If he doesn't want to talk about his power, I won't force him.

I turned my head around and asked Jack, "What about you? What amazing power do you have?"

And he didn't appreciate my question. He just got up from his seat, kicked a tree and ran off in the forest looking so angry that he will murder someone.

"What? What did I do now?" I asked Justin, who just ignored this whole event.

"You should just leave it."

"I need to know what did I do wrong so I won't repeat the mistake."

"Jack's power........well.......he doesn't use it anymore. Actually, he can turn things into gold."

"Wow! That's a unique one."

"It sure is. I have never heard about someone having the same power as his."

"Then why doesn't he like it?"

"He used to. But when his mate betrayed him......he......."

"Please continue. I need to know this in order to properly apologize to him." That's true. These people are risking their lives for me, the least I can do is to not offend them.

"Using any kind of power takes so much energy and his was super unique so it takes more strength than usual.......... His mate became greedy....... She tried to exploit his power......... Jack just loved her so much to refuse her. Samantha......... she tried to stop both of them but she killed her and escape somewhere........ And me? I couldn't even heal Samantha with my 'amazing' power".

"Samantha?"

"My mate."

"I'm sorry." So Jack's mate killed Justin's mate when she tried to stop them and Justin can't save his mate. God! Such a mess. I feel so bad for Justin and Jack. I have just met Julian and I can't even imagine being parted from him."I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. Its been so long now. And Jack and I became closer after that incident. We are best friends now."

"But still. You must miss her so much."

"I used to. But nowadays some other girl have kept me busy." He said while giving me a 'you-know-what-I-am-talking-about' look.

"Sorry."

"Don't be. I am thankful to you. Because from the second I saw you I have forgotten about my long lost mate."

"Sorry?" That was a different sorry from before. For a second I thought I have heard him wrong. Just now he was talking about his dead mate, his brotherhood and now he is flirting with me.

He got up from his seat and come near me before leaning in for a kiss.

Did he just lose his mind?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hii, Hope you people are liking the story so far.

Please tell me

what you LIKED here

and what you DIDN'T LIKE here

((I take criticism really well, so please don't hesitate to say what's on your mind))

It will help me a lot.