29

Cousin.

Ok, I quit. I genuinely have no clue what's what. And I am not even curious anymore. I quit.

Dolus noticed my reaction, "What happened princess. Quitting so soon. But the fun is just starting."

"You are a hybrid." Lily realized and my companions in the adjoining cell made some strange noises.

"Yaa, it will be really fun when I beat you to death," I said to Dolus ignoring everyone else.

"Oh my princess, I will wait for that day. Also, I see you met your family here. Every woman of the Black family is here right now. So much fun."

"You are the one behind that too, right?"

"I am impressed tha------."

"Why!?"

"Fun princess. Fun. Do you know how old I am? Do you know how boring it gets?"

"Don't lie. I know there is a reason. SPIT IT."

"So my powers are not working on you anymore. I can't manipulate you. Instead, you are trying to read my mind. Interesting."

"Ohh....I am------"

"Don't worry princess. I am here to answer all the questions you have. Which one first?" He seems so excited just like a child showing off his work. Don't tell me he is proud of everything he did.

"You are not my mother's mate?"

"No. I am not. I am the wizard in the story. I have already told you that princess."

"So who is her mate?"

"Was, princess. I killed him, when she refused me, and transfer the mate bond to myself. Your stupid mother then seriously thought I was her mate."

"You can do that?"

"I can do a lot of things. Things no one ever even thought of........."

"Then you betrayed her?" I interrupted his self-praising session, getting super annoyed by him.

"Kind of. But that was the plan from the beginning. You see, because of my curse, her own sister hated her. She hated your mother to death. I just helped her."

"Why did you need to curse her when she already treated you as her mate?"

"Your mother was a smart person and super strong on top of that. She started having her doubts. I had to curse her to make sure she stays alone, with me."

So my mother refused him, he killed her mate, took his place, got insecure, cursed her........then abandoned her. It doesn't make sense.

"Breathe."

"What are you hiding?"

This brought a smile to his face. "What do you think?"

"The present Queen has a weakness of yours and used it to force you to abandon my mother."

His smile disappeared.

"I hit the nail, didn't I." I have no clue how, but I just know I did.

"You did."

I wasn't expecting him to actually agree. But he doesn't look pleased now. I need to divert.......... no no don't think about that, he can read minds. "What happened next to my mother?"

For a second he paused and just keep staring at me.

Don't think. Don't think. Don't think.

He laughed before admitting, "You are blocking me out of your mind, princess. I am impressed by how fast your powers are growing."

I don't want his praise but at least he can't read my mind right now. I just need to keep my guards up around him.

"So.....my mother?"

"You know that the werewolves and vampires are fighting for the second position in the dark land, don't you."

"I have heard about that. So?" Julian told me about it once.

"Use your brain, princess."

What? Is this a quiz show or what? And what about the second position? What is he........?

"Fuck."

"You got it."

"You used my mother to create a mess in werewolf King's life and.......you did that to Samantha and Vicky to create a mess in vampire King's house."

"I did. I did exactly that. I used your cursed mother to lure out your father and he falls in the trap. As a result, his mate suicide and then he became a mess. His sons also started hating him and your mother. That's why Zee killed her."

"Did Zee really killed her?"

"He did. He didn't have another option."

"You were manipulating him?" I don't know how but these thoughts are coming to my mind as....... I can't explain it in words.........as I already know them.

"Yes. I was. That was fun. But he is a strong-willed person. It took me a while to convince him that your mother will be a threat to you."

"Threat to me? How?"

"I told you that to make a dead person alive one need to sacrifice themselves. You mother was the next Queen, so she was really strong. She didn't die in the process but somehow lost her mind. I convinced Zee that she wants to kill you, which was not entirely wrong. She did try to hurt you but she lost her mind because of you too. So........"

"So I am the one at fault......"

"That won't be wrong to say." He is having so much fun right now. It's obvious from his tone of voice. He is loving this situation.

But I can't break right now. I need to stay strong.

"And what about Samantha and Victoria?"

"Creating a problem in vampire King's house was relatively easy. I just needed to kill the crown princess........"

"Jonathon's mate is dead!?" That's the first time I am hearing about it.

"She is. Killing her was fun too. But more fun was to see Jackson thinking his mate killed his brother's."

"Jackson? You mean Jack?"

"Yaa Jack...... Jackson was in some different era. I used the same trick on him too. Killing two birds with one stone. It's a nice plan. I can use it again." He said in a thoughtful tone.

Just how many families did he destroyed?

"But I couldn't stop Julian. That lucky bastard didn't find his mate then. And what a coincidence, our sweet little baby Rose is that beast's mate. How lovely!!"

He is a psychopath and totally mad person.

"I heard you, princess. But it's not wrong. I AM CRAZY."