14

We, Julian and me, were enjoying the sunrise before us.

I can definitely feel the pull towards him. Is it because of the mate bond? I have read about it in so many books, but having a first-hand experience, like this, is different. I can't help but notice his sharp jawline and muscular body, which seems to be shining because of the sun rays.

'Focus' the voice scolds me. 'I am trying' I mentally replied back to it. To divert my attention from his angelic body, I asked him the first question that came to my mind. "So, Jack is your brother too? Well, four of you look similar so I thought......"

"He is," Julian replied diverting his full attention to me instead of the mesmerizing sunrise.

"Four of your names starts with 'J'."

"Five of ours. Jonathan is not here."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"Just us five bothers. Jonathan is the crown prince so he is always busy."

"Crown prince? So he is the eldest?"

"He is."

"So that means, Jonathan.....then?"

"Jonathan, me, Justin, Jack then Jeremy."

"Why am I not surprised that Jeremy is the youngest? "

"He is. He is only around 80."

"Only?! That's not an 'only' for me."

"It is an 'only' according to our creature's age."

"Creature?"

"Well, it implies to all kinds collectively. Both of bright land and dark land."

"Oh my God. I am totally lost."

"Lost?"

"That means I am not understanding." He sometimes talks like old people.

"Well, the world is roughly segregated in three categories. First where humans reside alongside hunters, second is bright land and third dark land. Bright land is where all the mermaids, fairies, Pegasus, etc. creatures of the day live and on the contrary, in the dark land creatures of the night like vampires, werewolves, zombies, dragons, etc. live."

"Dragons!"

"Dark land is ruled by dragons whereas bright land by fairies."

"This is just too much to take at once."

"I understand."

"But didn't that creepy zombie guy said your father is the king?"

"Dragons are the ultimate rulers. Other kingdoms work under them. My father is the king of the vampire kingdom just as yours is of werewolf kingdom."

"You are telling me that I am a werewolf princess!!" Someone forgot to give me that tiny piece of information.

"I am."

This is getting worse than worse. I closed my eyes, trying to process all the new information.

'Breathe' the voice suggested. I didn't even notice that I have stopped breathing.

"You have a habit of stop breathing whenever you are thinking hard about something," Julian said, putting his hand on my shoulder, trying to confront but it is just too much.

"And about my father's disagreement about me. What did you mean by that?"

Silence

"Julian?"

No reply.

"Fine!!" I turned around to leave.

"Please don't be upset." He holds my hand trying to make sure that I don't leave. "I don't mean to keep secrets from you. I am just aware that this conversation will upset you. And I do not wish to do that."

"You are doing that right now." I could see the hurt in his eyes. Well done Rose. He was trying to not to make me sad and in return, I have done the same.

After taking a deep breath I apologize, "I am sorry. Don't tell me if you don't want to. It's just that I have waited whole of my life looking for answers and now when they are in front of me, I am scared." I told him, trying to keep tears from falling but failed.

He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, trying to relax me, which didn't work. Instead, I started crying. I am so confused and scared of the reality, that I couldn't stop myself.

Julian said in a calm tone, "It's fine. Crying is fine. Let it all out."

"I am not a person who cries easily you see. I am the kind of person who instead looks for a solution but I just can't stop........." It's true. I can't recall the last time I have cried. Maybe I was more scared of the fact that there will be no one to wipe off my tears. I have lived all of my life alone.

But now the situation is different.

Julian softy wiped off my tears and hesitated for a moment before hugging me. I, without even thinking about it, hugged him back and cried my eyes out.

He has a very soothing feel. He holds me firmly but softy. His thick muscular arms wrapped around me like some kind of a warm blanket protecting me from the bad cold world outside.

I don't remember how long we stayed like that as the blackness took over me.