26

I stepped in the room alone and Damon closed the door behind me.

The room is dark. The only light in the room is of the candles, which are placed in a unique pattern in the center of the room.

"I know you are here Dolus."

"I am still amazed at the fact that your aura is also so similar to her. Unbelievable."

"Damon said before that my mother is the reason I am alive. Can you explain?"

"Your mother was always good with magic. When you were born, your chances of survival were very less. Your mother practiced an old magic trick to save you when you died. No one expected it to work but your mother made you alive again. Just as new."

"Do Damon know that you are a creature of day? Or that my mother was?"

"He never asked."

So he doesn't know. Makes sense. He must not have let us roam freely like this. Well, I do consider this roaming freely as I am not in a cage.

"So......Main point......What do I exactly need to do?"

"Are you seriously considering to help him?"

"Why not? Isn't that what you want too?"

"I am not here at my will. Moreover, you can't perform the ceremony."

"Why? I don't have the power?"

"You do. But when you will use your power your eyes will turn white and they will know who you are."

"But my eyes turn black."

"That's because you were using your father's side of power until now. When you will use the power of a fairy, your eyes will turn white."

"Won't he let me go? I am saving his mate."

"Even if he wants to he can't. Why do you think your father kept you away but not your sister?"

"Because she is a wolf and I am not."

"Exactly. She is a normal wolf. A normal creature of dark land but you are not. Ever since you were reborn you were partly a member of the day family."

"So I am not a human? I am half dark and half bright land's creature?"

"And that's what makes you human. How do you think the first human was born? Humans are hybrids of creatures of dark and light. But the firstborn humans had superpowers. Powers no one ever thought of. Power no one can control. And power no one wants to mess with. This is the reason why breeding between the creatures of day and night was forbidden. But with evolution, most humans lost their powers. Some are still left, those are known as hunters but their powers are nowhere as strong as the first humans."

"So if Damon found out that I am a half-half hybrid, he will kill me?"

"Without a doubt."

"Why my father didn't kill me? I don't think that was because of his unconditional love for me."

"You mother made some kind of deal with him."

"He doesn't seem like a person who will keep his pinky promise."

"I am not sure of that. What I am sure of is that I can't let you perform this ceremony. You are the last memory of my Rosemary. I can't let anyone hurt you."

"You must have really loved her," I said while smiling. She was not alone and neither am I. "So.... let me change the question. How are we escaping?"

"I will handle that. Just be ready at midnight. I will come to get you."

"Are you sure you don't need my help?"

"I don't want to put you in danger. I will handle everything. Now go, the guards are here.

With a last look towards Dolus, I left his room. About six guards accompanied me to my room where I still am, waiting for time to pass quickly.

I don't know when I fall asleep while waiting.

------------
Midnight.
-------------

Someone slowly knocked at my door. I opened it only to find Dolus there, all alone.

That's weird. Where did the guards go?

"Follow me" he whispered. "And be careful to not to trip over."

Trip over what? I looked down and found the non-moving bodies of the guards. They are alive, right? I wanted to ask Dolus but words didn't come out of my mouth.

My brain stopped working and all I could do was to follow him.

He took me to a nearby room and said, "Jump from the window."

"What?" Not again. This time there will be no Julian there to catch me. Or did Dolus asked Justin to help us?

"There is a rope. Get down with its help. Quickly."

So there is no Julian this time. Just a plain simple rope.

I did as I was told and waited for Dolus to do the same.

He was quicker than me and lead the way towards the forest.

Another forest. My experience with forests are not good but there is one thing that's bothering me, "Shouldn't there be guards?'' All of this is just too simple and easy. Are we in a trap?

"I took care of them before."

Took care? "All alone?"

"Yes. It was really easy."

Really? What is this Dolus thing exactly? He doesn't seem that strong to me. Is my instinct wrong? Or did I trusted the wrong person?

"Don't breathe'

That's a first. But if I won't breathe I will die. I tried to stop my breath but soon quit.

And I smelt it. It is a sweet, fruity smell, just like a flower.

With this last thought, I fainted.