19

Julian hold me tight in his arms and started running with his vampire speed towards a forest. I look back at my father's castle which was a castle in the real sense of the word. In which part of the world am I?

I hold him tightly, burying my face in his chest, trying to feel his warmth.

"Dear Lord, Rose you are freezing."

"I know."

He put me down near a giant rock, took off his black jacket and put it around my shoulders before hugging me. "I apologize for not being able to protect you."

"Let me guess.........your favorite color is black" I replied not wanting to have that conversation. It is not his fault.

He just smiled and said "Yes. It is black. How did you know?"

"I'm a genius, you see."

"Of course."

"Is that's why my father wants to gift me to dragons?" I said while trying to control my emotions and tears, which were getting out of hand.

"I am sorry."

"Why would he do that? It was the first time I have seen him. I just......" and I crossed my limit. I couldn't stop the waterfall of tears and started sobbing.

"He wanted to impress the Dragon King."

"What?"

Silence.

"Julian?"

"I told you that Dragons rule the dark land. There is a competition between werewolves and vampires for the second place. Someone told Dragons about you and they showed an interest. So to impress the Dragon King your father wanted to..........trade you. That's why he sent zombies to kidnap you."

"Those zombies in the alley were sent by him."

"They were.....I am so sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone. I promise you IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN."

"You know? You are the first person to say that to me. Thanks."

This made him smile a little. "I told you to never thank me," he said while pinching my nose.

At this, I laughed too.

I can't believe I am sitting here and having a good conversation with my vampire mate while my werewolf father is trying to sell me to dragons.

I have always thought about finding my family. It never crossed my mind that I can make a family of my own. I never even had friends. I never made an effort to get along with people. Was it all my fault that I spent my life alone?

"Breathe."

At first, I thought it was the voice but it actually was Julian.

"You stop breathing whenever you are deep in thoughts."

"Yaa.....bad habit."

Julian nodded his head before saying, "We should go now." With this, he carried me in his arms and started running again.

-------------
After a while,
-------------

"Have you seen a creature with white eyes?" I asked him remembering the woman from my dream.

"White eyes?"

"Yaa. Like pure white eyes, without an iris."

"Where have you met a creature of bright land?"

"Bright land?"

"Yes, the creatures of the day who live in bright land. They have white eyes when they transform, just as we have black eyes."

"Okk..."

"So, where have you met this creature? There shouldn't be one at our land."

"Are you people enemies? I mean people of the bright and dark land."

"Yes. We are not even allowed to cross borders. But where have you met this creature? They could be dangerous."

It's not that I wanna hide something but telling him about a dream seems useless. It could be just a stupid imagination of mine.

I tried to divert his attention and asked another question.

"Do you know what happens to people kept in the cold dungeon? There was a 10-year-old starving there--------"

"YOU WERE KEPT IN THE COLD DUNGEON!?"

"Yaa....."

"HOW DARE HE........." he clutched his jaw tightly. I could see his eyes changing colors.

"Julian calm down please."
It's not working. I need to...........
"Do my eyes also change to black like this?" I asked innocently.

This worked. His eyes softened. "That doesn't matter."

"I am not a human, right?"

"You are. You are just a little unique human."

"Do I have special power too? I heard guards saying that I attacked a group of zombies. They said I have some powers."

Silence.

"I need to at least know what I am. Was I the one who injured that zombie in the alley?"

"You were."

"How? I don't remember doing any of it. I thought you saved me."

"I also concluded from your reactions that you didn't know what you have done. Maybe your powers showed them to protect you."

"I also think so." Every time I was in danger it happened. 1st in the alley, then when I punched Mr. Zombie, in the van........"But why now?"

"Maybe you weren't in the life-threatening danger before. Our powers are linked with our emotions and fear is the best emotion to trigger once inner strength."

"Our powers? Do everyone has powers? Like Shane has his shield?"

"You mean Jeremy?"

"Yaa Jeremy. Oh God. Sorry. It's because I am hungry."

He laughed. Man, he is so handsome when he laughs. "Not everyone has powers and everyone has different types like Justin can heal people."

"And Zee can read minds."

"Partly. Zachary can read a person's emotions. But it helps in making a guess about what the person is thinking. However, with full concentration, one can prevent the use of powers on them or can reduce it."

"So he knew about the dream........" I murmured to myself.

"What dream?"

"Just a nightmare."

Julian brought his head near mine and whisper near my ear, "Why are you dreaming about other things than me?"

This gave me shivers down my spine. He is so close. I look back at his face, his eyes fixed on my lips. Without even thinking I put my arms around his neck and pull him closer. I just want to.........

"Oh no!" Julian suddenly said in a panicked voice.

"What?"

"They found us."