48

It feels like I am running for hours but can't reach anywhere.

This is stupid. This world belongs to Dolus. If he doesn't want me to find that tree, how can I?

Now I feel angry and frustrated.

I took the sword and smashed down a random tree to vent out my anger. "Oh!! Come on! Help me, Mr. Sword!"

Was I seriously expecting that tree to be Dolus' tree? How stupid I can be?

That tree was not Dolus' but using the sword like that gave me another option.

As I am using the sword to vent out my anger, it suddenly starts shining. Slowly the shining becomes so bright that I need to close my eyes.

When I open them again, I can see only white light everywhere.

It reminds me of that dream I had where everything was black. This one is the same, except everything is white here.

I feet like someone is behind me so I swing my sword as I turn around.

But I saw someone I never ever expected to see.

"Mom!!"

There is my mother, looking as young as ever, in the same white silk queen's gown she always wears.

She didn't reply but turned around and started walking. When I didn't follow her she said, "Follow me".

This sound. This is the sound of the voice. So my mother is actually the voice.

I followed her. I kept trying to talk to her but she is not replying.

Suddenly, she stops and points in the distance.

I can see something there. Is it a tree or something.......? Tree!! Dolus' tree. I found it.

I turn my head towards my mother, but she was not there anymore.

In a blink, everything around me turns back to normal, like the real forest I was in.

Thanks mom.

I didn't waste any more time and ran towards that particular tree.

When I reach close enough, I smash it with the sword.

I heard Dolus crying in pain at a distance. So that's it. I just need to destroy this tree.

With that thought in mind, I start attacking the tree again with the sword.

But it was of no use. The tree didn't even have a scratch. "Kill it! Come on!"

Suddenly, I was throw away. The sword falls from my hands.

When I stood up, Dolus already had the sword in his possession.

Why didn't the sword destroyed the tree? It should have done its job. Where was I wrong?

"What happened, princess? Quitting already?" He mocks me while showing off the sword.

I tried to take it back with my telekinesis but it is of no use.

I tried to manuplate him too but no luck.

When that plan didn't work, I picked up some rocks with my power and throw them at Dolus.

He avoided them without any problem. These tricks didn't harm him even a little bit but now I am tired to death.

"Don't tell me that's all you can do princess. You are so------------"

Dolus was attacked by Julian, who somehow found us.

He and Dolus are having one-on-one hand combat. But Julian can't stop him for long.

I have to do something. Come on Rose think. Think. Think. Think.

What else do I know about that tree?

I saw the tree in Lily's memory. It was just the tree in that memory and the name Blue Mountain and then........ AND THEN SHE BURNED IT DOWN.

Is that it!?

I looked up and saw Dolus staring in my eyes and said, "DON'T YOU DARE!!"

That's it. I need to burn that tree.

I turned my attention to the tree and prepared a fireball but before I could throw it, I could feel a sudden pain.

"ROSE!!!"

Why is Julian shouting my name like that? What happened?

But the pain was really bad so I looked down and found a sword stabbed straight in my heart.

I turn around to see Dolus with a smirk. He didn't just.......

I fall to the ground. Suddenly, everything is feeling like a blurry image and I feel sleepy. I close my eyes.

Now I can hear distant voices, but I can't comprehend what they want to tell me.

I tried to open my eyes and hardly succeed. I can see a tree in front of me. It is such a big tree.

But I shouldn't praise it. I need to destroy it.

With all the last strength that was left in my body, I throw the fireball at the tree.

"NOO!!"

I heard someone screaming as they are in pain.

Just before I close my eyes again, I saw a burning body falling beside me.

And after that all I remember is darkness.