Chapter 9: Familiars(Part 1)

A year. It has already been a year since Zayne defeated Ryujin Jakka and achieve her shikai. He, along with Sona, Seekvaira, Kuroka and Shirone has been training together.

With the strength he had now, without relying on Ryujin Jakka, he could already fight Serafall equally which caused her to pout, which is really really cute.

Zayne can now also use Pure Mana to cover his fist, which can increase the strength of his punch by thousands of folds. However, he would pass out whenever he tried to use it beyond his limits.

His ice make magic already reached an unfathomable level where he can create ice with life, like an ice dragon, which can understand words and has an intelligence of a ten years old child.

Right now, Zayne has his head on Kuroka's lap, while playing a game on his phone. Shirone, Sona, and Seekvaira was sitting next to him.

They were happily chatting, just like a real blood related sisters. Then, the door on his room suddenly bursts open, revealing his mother with a smile on her face.

However, Zayne knew what kind of smile is that. A smile that not even his father, who is rumored to be on par with the strongest devil, dared to confront.

Whenever his father saw her mother smile like that, he would always come up with an excuse to leave.

He gulped his saliva and said while stuttering. "H...hello..mo...mother."

"Zayne, do you know what time is it?"

"N..no."

"It's time for you to get your familiars! Tonight is a full moon! You already delayed it for 10 years! Prepare yourself and your peerage then go!" with that, his mother slammed the door close and left.

"Sigh~ Hey Aira-chan, So-chan, do you already have your familiar?"

"Of course."

"Yes, me and my queen already have our own."

"I see... Wait! Wait! Wait! Queen?! How come I never heard about you having a queen?!"

"Well, my mother locked her up on our home and taught her all about etiquette and such. I don't have any time to bring her outside our home."

"Hmm." So Tsubaki already joined Sona? I guess i need to meet her. "Anyway, I'm truly sorry girls, we need to leave and head to the familiar forest."

Then, Zayne and his peerage members prepared themselves and immediately head towards the familiar forest after saying goodbye.

=========

Right now, Zayne, Kuroka and Shirone were walking around the forest. (Don't want to write the part about the wannabe Ash so went directly to finding poke-, I'm sorry, familiars)

As they were walking towards the center of the forest, a white silhouette suddenly appeared on their view. As they got closer, the more clearer the silhouette became.

It was a one and a half meter tall white tiger with black stripes. It was looking at them in disdain, its aura was very overwhelming just like a royalty.

"Shirone."

"Hn."

Then, a cat ears and two cat tails appeared on her body. Her fist was coated by Touki as she keeps releasing an energy that could rival a high tier mid class devil.

She stepped forward, confronting the white tiger with an excited expression in her face.

"Hey tiger-chan, would you like to be my familiar?"

The tiger growled angrily. "Hmph! If you want to be my master, you should first prove to me that you are worthy!"

Without wasting any time, the tiger pounced at Shirone but she evaded it easily, she counterattacked by sending a kick infused with touki but the tiger leaped backwards just in time to avoid it.

Boom!

Crash!

Crack!

Boom!

They keep hitting each other, the ground already have several holes and many trees were already destroyed.

The tiger strength is at the level of a low tier high class devil, a stage higher than Shirone, but with the help of touki, increasing her physical abilities, she could easily fight the tiger on equal grounds.

Their difference in strength might just be only by one stage, but the gap between high tier middle class devils to a low tier high class devil is like comparing a cat to tiger. (Eh? Cat? Tiger? Something's not right)

"She really improved haven't she?"

"Of course nya~ she is my sister after all!"

"Oohh~ the fight is over."

In the middle of the battlefield, a white haired little girl with cat ears and tails can be seen standing proudly in front of a kneeling tiger.

Of course Shirone won in the end, she was acknowledged as the master of the heavenly beast, the white tiger.