Chapter 14: The Origin of the Tower

Zayne circulated the Pure Mana on his body. Even though he couldn't summon the pure mana outside his body aside from covering his fist, he can still let it flow around inside his body.

After he used the strand of Pure Mana on his body, he felt the pressure weaken and he can now move normally.

He looked around and notice the room on the second was thousands of times more larger compared to the first floor. He was also shocked as the inside of the tower appeared more larger than the inside compared to the outside.

In here, Zayne saw only a hundred or so skeleton, yet all of them were large with the smallest one being fifty something meters in height.

Each and every skeleton was giving an aura that would make even a Heavenly Dragon piss himself.

"This- Just what sort of place is this tower? Just looking at these skeletons already gave me goosebumps and that is when I was using these strange energy to empower myself."

(Note: Zayne still didn't know that the strange energy he spoke off was Pure Mana)

He flew around the room and checked its every details, however his sight landed on a small figure in the middle of the room.

He began to approached and his eyes widen when he finally have a clear view on the figure. He saw a humanoid figure with his flesh still intact.

His arms, hands, legs, feets, chest and heart was pierced by a metallic looking spear that came from the floor, he was also bounded by a rusted chain, yet Zayne was sure that even Ryujin Jakka cannot damage those chains.

Zayne walked near the figure and stop in front of it, he was sure that the figure was a male, he still has flesh and bloods were also dripping out of his body.

Suddenly, the man lifted his head and stare at Zayne with his dull and lifeless eyes.

Zayne was frozen on his place, just as the man look into Zayne's eyes, he witness his own death thousands of times, each of them were different from each other.

He saw a scene were he died by his head being cut off, a scene where he died by his body being cut in half, a scene where he died by his whole body turning into a bloody mist.

Zayne was immediately brought back to reality thanks to the Pure Mana on his body. He jumped back tens of meters away, he was covered in sweat, his whole body was trembling and he keeps panting.

"Keke....a....me.re...ti.er two...a.nt......ac...tua..lly........d..ared....to...com.e....at.....thi.s.....tow..e..r."

Zayne flinched, he didn't expect that this man was still alive even after his heart and basically every part of his body being peirced.

The man's voice was hoarse and dry, not surprising since he was here for many many years and hasn't eaten nor drank even a single drop of water.

"Wh-Who are you? What is this tower? And what is this tier two you're talking about."

Zayne's voice was trembling, he was still afraid of the man in front him. He was sure that if he did not have this strange energy inside him, he would've died.

"...ke..keke.....y..ou....didn't....kn..ow....the...or..igin.....o..f....this...pl..ace...yet...you..dar...ed...to...c..ome...here?....kekeke...yo..u're...the.....dum..best.....pe..rson...i...kn....ow....keke.........a..nd...you...are...j..ust...a...lo..wly.....tier....two...in.sect....you....sure...are..brave."

Zayne stared warily at the man, even though he was bounded, Zayne was still afraid of him. Especially since he heard that a Satan Class like him is only a Tier 2.

Zayne have read many novels or fanfics about cultivation and Tier 2 is a term mostly used to call a beast or cultivator who are at the very bottom.

Zayne decided to shut his mouth and let this person talk, after all he needs information about this place, and what was up with all of this bones that are scattered here.

"Keke....it..has...bee..n....thir..ty.....thous..and.....yea..rs.....si..nce...i...had....a..pro..per....conv...er..sation.....so...i...will...answer....your...que...stion.......be...proud...since....you..are....the...first...ti..er..two....inse..ct....that...has...dem..anded...something....fro..m.....me...and....sti..ll..lives.....now...fo.r....your....que..stion....this....to..wer.....is...a..pla..ce....that...even...Tier....9...be..ings...cannot....esc..ape...alive...

.....The....Heaven's....Chain....God...Slaying...Prison..."