Chapter 15: The Guardian

"Heavens Chain God Slaying Prison? A prison meant to imprison Gods? And end their life? Fuck! Just great! Just fucking great!"

Zayne was pretty much sweating at this point, his face was also pale, seemingly drained out of its colors. I mean, who wouldn't? I am sure that if not for his Immortal and the Pure Mana on his body, he would've died a thousand times.

"...hey...kid.....i...sugge..st....you...lea..ve...thi..s...place.....even...a...ti..er....sev..en...li..ke....me....cann..ot...esca...pe...this...place....let...al..one....a...tie.r...two..like...you..."

Zayne actually wanted to leave, however, he want to know more about what was the world tens of thousands of years ago. He was feeling afraid, but he wanted to know more about the forgotten history.

"I know I'm not that strong enough for now, but I wanted to know more about what kind of place is this world tens of thousands of years ago."

The man chuckled dryly. He hasn't met someone, a tier two no less, who has the guts to stay in this damn tower just to learn about the history.

"....keke.....you...hav.e...guts....how.ever....yo..u...ne..ed...to...lea..ve....the...guardi..an.....wi..ll....noti..ce...you....in...a....matter...of....mi..nutes....so...hu..rry....up...."

"But..."

Zayne was skeptical but when he saw the look that the man gave him which sends shiver down to his spine. Knowing he couldn't win, and that the man was right, he nodded and prepared to leave.

"....wa..it.."

"..Hm?"

"....h..ere...t..ake...this.."

The man's eyes flash for a moment and Zayne saw a ball of light heading straight towards his forehead, he wanted to dodge but he wasn't fast enough. In the end, he was hit by the light ball before disappearing on his forehead.

He thought that he would experience some pain and but he feels completely fine.

"....keke...GO!..."

Just at that moment, a loud and earth shaking roar resounded on the entire floor. The roar contains so much power that some bones shattered into pieces, Zayne was protected by the Pure Mana but he still cough a mouthful of blood.

Zayne was having a hard time keeping his consciousness, he felt every part of his body, from skin, to organs up to his bones being destroyed.

His clothes were already torn leaving him half-naked. Yet he did not even notice it as he crawl towards the stairs leading downstairs.

Rooar!

The roar resounded once more, this time was more powerful that Zayne even lost his five senses for a couple of seconds before once again coughing up blood.

He looked back, and saw something that would probably terrify him for a long period of years.

A terrifying size that makes the Mt. Everest looks like a small hill comparing to a tall mountain, glowing red eyes full of bloodlust, a sharp bloodied teeth each was as large as a hill, three large horn on its head and a large mace on its hand.

"...kekeke....I...told...you....escape!...I'll...buy...you....some...time..!...now go!..."

The man moved his body and the chain binding him along with the spears that are pierced at him was instantly broken off.

The man stood up, completely dominating the large beasts aura, he was even suppressing the beast to the point that it retreated a few steps backward.

Zayne nodden and quickly circulated the pure mana on his body to the fullest and ran towards the stairs leading downstairs. He can hear the sound of fighting behind him but he didn't turn back, he knew that if he lose focus for just a millisecond, he will lose his concentration on the pure man and weaken its effects.

It may even result to him dying if the pure mana defending him from the shockwave weaken for just a millisecond.

As he stepped at the first floor, he thought that he was finally safe, only to be proven wrong when he saw tens of thousands of skeleton knights guarding the place where he came in.

The skeletons were weaker than the guardian above but certainly much stronger than him, maybe around just a little bit weaker than a Full-Powered Sirzechs.

Zayne paled but he quickly calm down, he took a deep breath and...

"Ice Make: Unlimited Ice Blades!"

Then, a nigh unlimited black colored ice weapons emerged from tge ground  which knocked thousands of skeletons but still isn't enough to kill them, however Zayne wasn't planning on it as he knew he couldn't.

So he immediately ran towards the exit but hundreds of skeletons ran after him while others tried to block him.

'Escape!'

'Run'

Those where the only words that are present on his mind. This is the first time he felt death being so close to him, he can already feel the scythe of reaper on his neck.

He got too cocky just because he obtain a little bit of strength and now, he was about to die. However, he doesn't want to die only after 10 or so years after he reincarnated, he knew that there would be no third chance if he died.

So with a little amount of pure mana left on his body, he gathered all of it and instead of using it to empower his body, he used it on his weapons.

"Bankai! Double Release! Ryujin-Sakura!"

Then, both of his swords burned and turn into an unlimited burning Sakura petals that covered him while burning a path for himself.

His mind was pretty much blank at this point, he may even be unconscious and the only thing that let him run was his instincts to live.

And, as he took a step to the exit, his whole body glowed before he disappeared.