Chapter 10: Familiars(Part 2)

"So what're you going to name him?" Zayne asks, looking at the imposing figure of the white tiger.

".....Shiro? And he's a she."

"Okay, then let's find you a familiar too, Kuroka." Kuroka nodded and they continued walking around the forest.

On their way, the three of them encountered many different beasts. However, none of them caught their eyes, especially Zayne since his standards are quite high.

The white tiger, which is Shirone's familiar, turned into a small and adorable cat which is currently being hugged by her.

As they were walking, Zayne's instincts screamed as he quickly pulled both Shirone and Kuroka to his embrace amd jumped backwards.

At the same time, at the ground where the three of them were standing at previously, was covered by a pitch black fog.

Then, two red glowing orbs appeared at the middle of the fog. It then started to move towards the three of them, revealing a pitch black lion with black miasma covering its body.

"Hooh~ First a white tiger, now a black lion? What's next? I wonder."

"I like this lion nyaa~! Let me fight it nyaa~!"

Zayne took Shirone and took a step back, signaling Kuroka to start the fight.

(AN: Don't know what is Kuroka's techniques nor her fighting style. Heck I don't even know what can Senjutsu do! So I'll just wing it!)

Two large ball of blue flame came out Kuroka's tail before she flicked it towards the lion, who just sinked on the ground, merging on the shadows.

The lion then appeared beside her, but she quickly kick it with touki enhanced legs, only to find out that it was only a shadow clone, the moment her kick hit the lion, it completely faded away.

Sensing the danger approaching her, she kicked the ground and jumped up in the air, before firing several blue flames from her tail.

Boom!

Boom!

However, the lion was actually expecting that and it appeared just above her, striking her down with its sharps claws.

"Gah-!?"

But, being a cat that she is, she didn't fall hard on the ground and quickly countered by pressing her palms on the ground, producing dozens of rock spikes that easily reached up to 10meters.

"ROOOAARR!!"

The lion barely managed to dodged all the spikes and was about to land on the ground when a huge lightning coated flames blast it to the ground.

BOOOOMM!!

Creating a large explosion that blown everything around 50meters from it to smithereens.

Thud!

Kuroka fell to ground due to exhaustion, while the lion was unconscious on the middle of a crater.

Few minutes after that, Kuroka and the Lion woke up at the same time. Then stuff happened and the Lion became Kuroka's familiar, who turned into a small lion like Natsu from KHR but black in color, and the flame on its neck is also black.

Continuing their journey, Zayne and co. found their selves walking around the largest and tallest mountain they could find.

"Hey Zayne-nii, we have already found almost all of the strong familiars here, yet you did not choose any. Why is that?"

"That's right nyaa~! What type of familiar do you want nyaa~?"

Zayned did not turn his back and continued walking at the front but still he answered.

"I want a Dragon! The King of the Sky! The pinnacle existence of all Beasts! The beasts who possesses a potential to surpass a God! Just like the two heavenly dragons and the two dragon gods!"

Both girls just nodded at him amd continue to follow his steps.

A few minutes later, Zayne found a large cave, which he thought as a dragon's lair so he told the girls to stay before quickly running towards the entrance.

The moment he step a foot on the cave's entrance, he felt a terrifying pressure invading his entire body. He praised himself for not getting overconfident and left the girls outside.

Then, he went inside. The pressure might be strong but is only at the level of a High Tier Ultimate class devil, the same level as the Strongest Queen on the underworld.

He walked until he reached the end of the cave, there, he saw large Scarlet Dragon looking at him with eyes full of hostility. However-

'Why does this dragon look familiar?'

No pun intented.