Peter Rogers || Great Grandson (2/2)

Requested by: sian981 (I was not completely sure what to write. I hope you like the end results .)

-----

-3 Person POV-

It has been 2 weeks since Steve adopted Peter and he started living in the Avenger Tower. Steve and Peter became close and, in the end, Peter started to call him pops, because he is like a father figure and neither of them wanted to use great grandpa. It makes Steve feel old. Tony and Peter also became close to nobody's surprise, the two were both geniuses after all. Peter is like a son for Natasha, seeing as she can't get her own, because of the red room and Natasha is like a mother for Peter. The other Avengers also liked Peter, but they were not as close as the other three.

Peter was in the kitchen eating breakfast while the others were still sleeping. It was only 6 AM so it was no surprise that the others are still sleeping. Ever since the spider bite, he has been waking up earlier than he used to. Normally on weekends he would wake up around 8 AM or later, but never would he have dreamed to wake up before that.

Peter stands up from the chair and to the refrigerator to prepare a glass of orange juice. When he closes the door of the refrigerator, he hears footsteps from the hallway. He looks at the door and sees Steve coming into the kitchen with sport clothes on. ''Good morning, Pops.'' Steve jumped a little when heard somebody great him, normally nobody is awake when he goes for his morning run. When he sees Peter standing by the counter with a glass of orange juice he relaxes and gives him a small smile.

''Good morning, Pete. You're up early.'' Steve took a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and looks at Peter who was now sitting in his chair again. ''I usually wake up this early. This is the first seeing somebody other than me awake through.'' Steve raised an eyebrow. It's unusual that people wake up around this time. The only reason why he wakes up this early is because he needs less sleep, because of the super soldier serum.

''I was planning on taking a run around the park. Would you like to join me?'' Peter though about it for a second before he nods his head and asks when they were leaving. ''When you're done changing, we can go.'' Peter finishes his orange juice and goes to his room to change.

-----

When they arrived at park they immediately started running. Steve was running slower than he normally would so that Peter could keep up with him. After a mile Steve looked at Peter and was surprised that he didn't even break a sweat. Should they run faster? ''How are you keeping up, kid?''

''Great. We are probably running like 12 mile an hour not too hard. If you don't mind could we go faster?'' Peter was a little bored, he can run so much faster than this and because he isn't pushing his body till the limit, he is getting impatient. Steve was shocked that Peter wanted to go faster, but whet with it.

''How much faster can you handle?'' Peter couldn't just tell him how fast he can run. ''Let's just speed up and I tell you when I can't go faster, Okay?'' Steve nods and they immediately started to run faster. After 3 more miles they were running 20 miles an hour and let me tell you Steve was tired and wanted to take a break while Peter could still run a little longer. Peter was feeling the effect from the running but can still go on.

''Why don't we take a break for a little and then we can do a little race?'' Steve suggested. ''Sure, but don't be mad when you lose.'' Peter teased him. They went to their bags and they look out their drinks. Steve brought a bottle of water and Peter a bottle of Coca Cola, because he needs the sugar to stay energized. After a solid 8-minute rest they decided to go for it again. The only difference is that Peter is this time listening to music, it helps him concentrate and motivate.