09 | faith ²

BANSHEE

09 | faith ²

09 | faith ²

Abigail entered the motel room as Dean and Sam stopped talking to turn to her. "A reaper," she stated through heavy breaths.

"What?" Sam asked.

"It's a reaper," Abigail repeated, closing the door and walking forward. She attempted to slow her breathing, walking over to the bed. "It-I-Fuck." She fell back, covering her face with her hands. "We fucked up by doing this."

     "What?" Sam and Dean both asked her.

     "You really think it's the Grim Reaper? Like, angel of death, collect your soul, the whole deal?" Sam asked, somewhat unconvinced.

"No no no, not the reaper, a reaper," Abigail answered, shaking head as she sat up.

"There's reaper law in pretty much every culture on earth, it goes by 100 different names, it's possible that there's more than one of them," Dean mumbled.

"But you said you saw a dude in a suit," Sam said to Dean.

     "What, you think he shoulda been working the whole black robe thing?" Dean paused. "You said it yourself that the clock stopped right? Reapers stop time. And you can only see 'em when they're coming at you which is why I could see it and you guys couldn't."

     Abigail's eyebrows furrowed. "The guy in the suit beside you and Roy?" Abigail asked, her eyes widened.

"Yeah," Dean agreed.

"Holy shit, I can see reapers!" Abigail exclaimed, a smile on her face as she rose to her feet. The brothers gave her the same look of confusion. "Okay, I know how it sounds, but do you get how big a deal this is?"

"It's extremely rare for banshees to see reapers," Dean answered.

"Exactly!" Abigail exclaimed. "I can actually do something. If I can see the reaper, then I can get rid of the reaper."

"Wait, you're right," Sam responded in shock.

"No need to seem so surprised about it," Abigail scoffed, "but yeah, I am."

"The question is how is Roy controlling the damn thing?" Dean asked.

"I don't know, I only see reapers," Abigail said quietly, sitting back down.