13 | devil's trap ²

BANSHEE

13 | devil's trap ²

13 | devil's trap ²

Abigail was stood staring up at the apartment building, walking up and down the sidewalk with a cigarette between her lips. The Impala was parked by some train tracks. Sam was stood with the Key of Solomon book placed on the roof of the car as he read through it, twirling a marker in his hand. Dean was stood at the back of the car, loading up guns and putting them into his duffel bag.

     Dean looked solemn, Sam looking at him in concern. "You've been quiet."

     "Just getting ready," Dean replied.

     "He's gonna be fine, Dean," Sam assured. Dean never answered as Sam flipped to another page of the book. He picked up the book and moved to the trunk of the car, drawing on it.

     Sam and Dean argued for a few minutes until Abigail walked over. She let out a breath of her cigarette. "I'm not getting any feelings. He's alive," Abigail stated. Sam took her cigarette and dropped it to the ground. "Dude." He shrugged.

     Dean looked to the building, his face washed over with realisation. "Son of a bitch. That's pretty smart. I mean, if these demons can possess people they can possess almost anybody inside."

     "Yeah, and make anybody attack us," Sam agreed.

     "And so we can't kill them, a building full of human shields," Dean added.

     "They know what we look like, we don't know what they look like," Abigail breathed. "All in all, we are fucked."

     "Yeah, this sucks out loud," Dean agreed, sighing.

     "Tell me about it. Alright, so, how the hell are we going to get in?" Sam asked.

     Dean looked to the building in thought. "Pull the fire alarm, get out all the civilians," he stated.

     "That gives us seven minutes," Abigail said in doubt.

     "Seven minutes exactly." Dean nodded at her.

     Ten minutes later, Abigail was stood on the stairs with the duffel bag, acting as if she was ushering everyone out with the loud ringing of the fire alarm blaring in her ears. Every time there was a break in the group, she would move up another flight. She did this until Sam and Dean came towards her in fireman suits.