15 | everybody loves a clown ¹

BANSHEE

15 | everybody loves a clown ¹

     John Winchester had died, and Abigail knew why. He had traded himself for Dean. Speaking of Dean, after cremating their father, he hadn't spoken about it like Sam had. Sam had confided in Abigail, who felt awkward with the emotions piled onto her but still listened. It's what friends were for, right?

Well, Sam had found a voicemail on his father's phone and had shown it to Dean to listen to. He had traced the call and found an address, leaving Dean, Abigail and Sam to drive a minivan to Nebraska. Abigail sat with her left leg (which had healed to an extent after she had almost accidentally killed herself casting a healing spell which she had mistranslated) elevated on the back seats. She could walk on it, but there was a clear limp which meant that Sam refused to let her walk on her own.

     Dean had watched their arguments and had come to the conclusion they were madly in love with one another. He had decided that when Abigail had argued with Sam about using her crutches on the journey and Sam had moved her from her standing position to like a child as he rest his forearm on her mid-thighs and had her rest over his shoulder. Dean had already thought they would make a cute couple, but this made him realise the practically already were. Other than fixing the Impala, Sam and Abigail were two of the very few amount of things helping him through his father's death.

     As the minivan slowed, Abigail sat up straight. "This is humiliating. I feel like a friggin' soccer mom," Dean grumbled.

"Can we start calling you 'soccer mom'?" Abigail asked, a smirk drawn on her face.

"No you fucking can not," Dean scolded as himself and Sam left the van.

Abigail opened the door, immediately met with Sam waiting for her. "You are really getting on my nerves," Abigail huffed, lowering herself to the ground.

     Sam was prepared to catch her if she fell as he replied, "And there's a whole lot more of me to come." He smiled as he spoke, Abigail's nose turned up in disgust. He laughed at her expression, closing the door, as Dean hurried them to the door.

     Abigail walked forward, her limp obvious as she walked. She stayed silent as Dean directed them inside the roadhouse of which Abigail had grown to love. She smiled at the inside of it. Sam looked at her, confused, but quickly looked away before he was caught.

     Abigail moved to a barstool, seating herself on top of it and elevating her leg. As Sam and Dean explores, she rolled up the leg of her jeans to reveal the homemade splint she had made for herself. She looked at the blended purple and blue bruising which covered a large amount of her calf muscles. She reached forward, lightly touching the bruise. She removed her hand immediately as the pain spread through her leg, her head falling back.