28 | red sky at morning ²

BANSHEE

28 | red sky at morning ²

     Abigail looked at her reflection, her hair pinned below her head. It was held in place by a clasp, a stray strand on either side of her face. She was curling both of them as they were too short to reach the back.

"What is taking so long?" Bela called up to Dean. "Sam's already halfway there... With his date."

Abigail placed down the curling iron and sighed. She picked up the lipstick and redid the red which had come off.

"So not okay with this!" Dean exclaimed. Abigail glanced to the stairwell — the source of Dean's voice — before continuing toward the table. She placed the lipstick in her small black clutch purse, picking it up and hanging it around her elbow.

     The front door opened, Torrick entering in a suit.

     "What are you, a woman? Come down already," Bela demanded.

     Abigail looked to Torrick and gave him a small smile, mouthing "thank you" to him. He gave her a nod and a smile. He found his eyes falling to the blood red lacy dress which fell to above her knees, fanning outward. Abigail caught this, swallowing hard.

     She moved over to him, looking to the stairs as Dean walked down in a suit. She heard Bela sigh in appreciation. "Day-um!" Abigail exclaimed.

     Dean stopped in the centre of the room. He extended his arms out and let them fall to his sides once more. "All right, get it out. I look ridiculous," He told them all.

"Not exactly the word I'd use," Bela replied.

Abigail rolled her eyes at this.

"What?"

"You know, when this is over, we should really have angry sex," Bela told him.

"Keep it in your pants and lets go," Abigail turned her nose upwards.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, don't objectify me."

Abigail lightly placed her hand on Torrick's shoulder for a brief moment and nudged him towards the door. He turned and left, leaving alongside Abigail. Bela and Dean followed behind as they all moved towards the Impala.