14 | in my time of dying

BANSHEE

14 | in my time of dying

     Sam sat in Abigail's room, listening to the beeping of the monitor to ensure it stayed steady. It had failed three times total, and Sam was beginning to fear the next would be the last. He faced his lap, where he had an open book placed.

"Samuel fucking Winchester," Abigail's hoarse voice spoke from the bed.

Sam's head perked up, immediately closing the book. "Abigail fucking Richardson," Sam greeted her.

"Why are you watching me sleep? It's weird," Abigail stated, pushing herself up. She winced slightly as she did so, but refused Sam's help.

     "I'm not going to let you die, that's why," Sam told her sternly.

Abigail reached for the side of her head, wincing at the touch. "What happened?" She asked, shaking her head as her hand fell to her side.

"A demon ran us off the road," Sam began. "You, uh... You died three times and were given times of death then woke up straight after. You also died on a helicopter." As Sam continued to explain what had happened, Abigail nodded slowly. She processed the information carefully.

Once Sam had finished explaining, Abigail excuse herself and went to the bathroom (after discovering the hard way she needed crutches). She studied herself in front of the mirror and assessed herself.

She had stitches lining her left cheekbone and tape holding her healing nose in place. She raised her hand and turned her head to the right, moving her hair to reveal a long row of stitches.

Abigail sighed and reentered the room, seeing that Sam was gone. She made her way to the door, struggling slightly, and looked in both directions. She could hear Sam's voice from a few doors down, only taking a few moments to find him.

Sam as stood conversing with a doctor over Dean's comatose body. Abigail's mouth fell open with shock as she looked at Dean stood staring at her.

"Abigail?" He asked, hope in his voice. Abigail glanced around herself and nudged her head towards her room. She made her way back to her room and entered. Dean (spirit Dean, anyway) followed her inside, watching her lower herself down onto the bed.

"What the fuck?" Abigail whispered, eyes closing as she looked to the ceiling.

"I'm dying, that's the fuck!" Dean exclaimed, frustrated. Abigail looked at him as he stood beside her. "What do I do?"