11 | salvation ²

BANSHEE

11 | salvation ²

11 | salvation ²

Abigail walked towards where Sam was sat in the park. There was a light bruising along his jawline, but it was barely visible. She hadn't spoken to him since the previous night. She sat beside him, Sam glancing at her. "Okay, I'm shit at apologies so I'm just gonna say it. I'm sorry." Sam looked at Abigail. "Okay, stop staring. What is it?"

     "What's your problem?" Sam asked her, the words coming across much harsher than they were supposed to. "I mean, I'm trying-"

     "I watched people die, 'kay?" Abigail replied. "Like, people important to me. I watched something bad, like, really bad happen and I freaked."

     "How?" Abigail opened her mouth, closing it. She sighed through her nose.

     "Look, I'm just sorry about... Well, y'know," Abigail gestured slightly to his jawline.

     The sat there in silence for a moment, before Sam let out a grunt and reached up to his head. "Oh, shit, dude. You okay?" Abigail asked, unsure of what she would do.

     Sam looked up and nodded his head. His eyes scanned the park, before he jumped to his feet and walked away from Abigail. She looked around, confused, before following him.

     She stopped beside Sam, who was taking to a mother with a baby in a pram. "Babe, hey," Sam greeted, wrapping an arm around Abigail's shoulders.

     "Hi," she greeted back, plastering on a smile.

     Sam looked to the baby in the pram. "Isn't she just gorgeous?" He said to Abigail.

     Abigail looked at the baby and nodded. "Just the cutest," she replied, hoping her smile hadn't turned to a grimace.

     "Oh, wow. Hi!" Sam said in a baby voice to the baby, a smile on his face. He looked up to the lady. "Oh, sorry, I'm rude. I'm Sam and this is my wife, Abigail. We just moved in up the block." Sam squeezed Abigail's shoulder as she said a hello. She wrapped her arm around Sam's waist hesitantly.

     "Hi. I'm Monica. This is Rosie," Monica replied.

     "Rosie? Hi Rosie," Sam said in the same baby voice. Abigail looked to Monica and smiled, avoiding the baby.

     "So, welcome to the neighbourhood," Monica said politely.

     "Aw, thank you!" Abigail said with a wide smile.