33 | long-distance call ²

BANSHEE

33 | long-distance call ²

     Abigail followed the guide leading the large group of people for the tour with Sam and Dean. "And, here we have one of the museum's most unique and treasured possessions. Thomas Edison's spirit phone. Did you know that Mr Edison, as well as being one of America's most beloved inventors, was also a devout occultist?"

     "What's with the quote-y fingers?" Dean whispered to them both.

     "He spent years working on this, his final invention, which he was convinced could be used to communicate with the dead. Pretty spooky, huh?" Abigail looked to the brothers and raised an eyebrow. Sam nodded.

     The rest of the group continued to follow the guide through, but Abigail and the brothers stayed.

     Sam was quick to take out his EMF to hold it over the spirit phone.

     "Anything?" Abigail asked.

     "Nothing," Sam answered.

     "What do you think?"

     "Honestly? It kinda looks like an old pile of junk to me," Sam told his brother.

     Abigail looked at it, confused. "It's not even plugged in," Dean said.

     "Maybe it didn't work like that," Sam suggested.

     "Yeah, electricity wasn't invented until, like, the nineteen hundreds,"  Abigail said, Sam furrowing his eyebrows and tilting his head as he looked at her. "I'm kidding," she told Sam, laughing

     When Sam turned away from Abigail, she looked back at Dean and cringed. "Okay... Maybe it's like a radio tower, broadcasting the dead all over town," Dean suggested, changing the subject back.

     "Could be."

     "You know, this caller ID is a hundred years old, right? Right around the time this thing was built."

     "But why start working now?" Abigail asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

     "I don't know. But as long as the mouldy are calling the freshers around here it's the best reason we've got," Dean told her.