THIRTY

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Back To December
Artist: Taylor Swift
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Then Say Hello ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

A Friday morning.

As the wind blows hard against the trees' leaves, people gather around a brown casket. Out of all the people that knew the man, only his closest friends and family were invited to this event. That includes his precious students.

It's a rainy day as well. The small group of people all gather around with their umbrellas as if it's a depressing movie scene.

A familiar little girl, Eri, stands right next to her heros, Mirio and Izuku. The two older boys are dying on this inside, but are keeping the stitches together on the out. Their faces are as solid as rocks, with the occasional soft wrinkle of depression. The young girl looks up to the younger of the two boys, tugging gently on his arm.

"Deku, why're you so sad?" The child questions as she innocently looks up at the teenager. The boy slowly turns his head to look at the girl. Their eyes pierce into each other's for a brief, peaceful moment, before Izuku kneels down to the girl to get on her height level.

"Because we're saying goodbye, Eri," The boy starts with a soft smile. He lightly rubs the little girl's arm. Eri turns her head slightly with basically no understanding of the situation, "and...it's a very...hard thing to do." Midoriya continues.

The little girl tilts her head once more. She then turns to look at the faint colored coffin about to be lowered into the ground. She takes one little peek at the man in the coffin, not knowing that it will be closed in a minutes notice. She sees the man, just lying there like he's sleeping—except he looked cold and pale; just like the bodies she'd seen Overhall create with his hands, as people fell to the ground with blood surrounding them.

"Then say hello."

Eri looks back up to the green haired child with a look of interest. Izuku stares at Eri with a blank face before wet tears start to trail down the boy's face in streams.

Out of the corner of his eye, Shouta spies the teenage boy starting to break down. He sees that Eri and Mirio are trying to comfort the boy, but that doesn't help. And with all that's been happening with the Hisashi trial information, he doesn't blame the poor kid. He knew how attached Midoriya was to Yagi, and how much of a spot he held in his heart for the man.

Speed-walking over to the small trio of children, Shouta quickly pulls Izuku into his chest. Mirio looks at the quiet teacher with a sad expression that Shouta would pay millions to get off his face.

Unknown to the others, Eri slips off. She wanders away, not wanting to cause Deku anymore sadness—and anyone else she comes across.

She bumps into something.

Turning around, Eri comes face to face with a familiar dead man in the coffin she was just staring at two minutes ago.

She looks at the pale man. His eyes are closed, laying as still as a rock. Eri places one of her tiny hands on the man's stiff arm.

"Flower gleam and glow; let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, and bring back what once was mine, what once was mine..." Eri listens to the sweet and solemn melody sung in the movie.

She has reverse powers too. She wasn't the only one.

"Papa, she's like me." Eri states in awe. Shouta looks at the little girl with a small smile, realizing that she is technically correct.

"That's true, this is an old movie, but it was one of my favorites as a child." Shouta explains as he lifts the child and places her on his lap. She instinctively clings to his shirt like a baby monkey to its mother.

"She's exactly like me! And she didn't kill anyone with her powers! She's so cool!" Eri exclaims cheerfully, as Shouta's happy smile fades off his face at the reference to Eri's biological father. '

She's a child who couldn't control her quirk,' Shouta states in his head, 'it's absolutely not her fault.'

Eri starts to feel the flow of her quirk rising up to the tiny horn on her head. 'What am I doing?' She thinks.

"Eri, you do know that your powers are extremely amazing right? It's not a villainous quirk at all, you have the power to rewind time back what it once was. Heck, you could even bring someone back to life if you use it correctly." Shouta explains softly.

Eri looks up at him with her bubble eyes that could make any father cry. She giggles and smiles as she looks at the tired man. She knows what Shouta says is true.

A bright glow starts to surround the area Eri's occupying. She sees light coming from the man in the coffin, making her eyes widen.

Behind the little girl, mostly everyone has noticed the child who's creating light—that's wrapped around the corpse that everyone is there to say goodbye to. Shouta feels dread crash into the pit of his stomach.

"Eri, get away from there!" Mirio shouts from next to the tired man.

Eri hesitantly takes steps backwards, keeping her focus on her power. The light still shines on Toshinori. Maybe, if she could just control it...

"Heck, you could even bring someone back to life if you use it correctly."

A blinding wave of light splashes all over the scenery. Some of the teenagers are yelling while others are holding each other still. Shouta tries to run to Eri and pull her back, but is caught straight in the eye with a blinding ray.

Eri can barley see what she's doing. She knows her quirk is going overboard, but what she's seeing is something she never thought she would.

She had managed to lift Toshinori's body out of the casket with her quirk while everyone else was being blinded. She watched the man slowly but sternly move a finger. And then another, and then another.

And then she sees his chest move, ever so lightly. If she wasn't looking straight at him, she never would have caught it.

He steadily opens his eyes half way, and stiffly turns his head towards the girl. With a rasping voice, the body quietly whispers out:

"Hello, Eri."

End of Part II
_____________________________________________________________________________

And that's a wrap! You Are Worthy is officially finished!

Seeeee, I did something good for onceeee 😌

Anyway, thank you all so so much for reading this book. I really can not thank you enough for keeping up with this story, and I love seeing all your funny comments.

This means so much to me, and I can't wait to start writing You Are Protected with you guys!

Have an amazing day/night, I love you all ❤️