TWENTY-NINE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Teenagers
Artist: My Chemical Romance
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Deal ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

After the incident last Saturday, Sero has been pretty jumpy. Shouta can't blame him, but the tired teacher is getting pretty annoyed with the clinginess of the teen.

Everyday, he's made it part of his routine to talk with both Bakugou and Sero separately, kind of like a therapy session during quarantine. But today he's decided to do something a little different.

Shouta acquires all the members of the 'Bakusquad' and the 'Dekusquad' into the game room in the basement. He sets up a tournament for doubles Air Hockey. Sero and Bakugou are extremely confused at first, but when they are teamed up together, they just shrug off their confusion and fire themselves up.

The first round consists of Tsu and Ochako vs. Mina and Kyouka. It's mainly a back and fourth match between the four girls, but Mina and Kyouka come out on top with a score of 10-8.

The second round is Shouto and Tenya vs. Eijirou and Denki. This round is over quite quickly, as Todoroki keeps accidentally freezing the board and getting themselves disqualified. Iida laughs it off as good fun, and shakes hands with Kirishima as a means of good sportsmanship.

And the final round is Izuku and Yuuga vs. Hanta and Katsuki. Everyone watches the four play with deep interest as the puck gets stuck in long valleys between the two teams. Izuku laughs happily as he and Yuuga get themselves match point of the game. Katsuki gives Izuku a playful glare, making the greenette make an innocent-like face, saying 'I didn't do anything to you, not me, wrong bitch.'

The blonde flips Izuku off as he scores an unexpected point on the Dekusquad team Izuku was pouting at his rival. Katsuki and Hanta high-five as they set up for the next serve.

Eventually, Katsuki and Hanta make it to match point—after an extremely long play—and they win. Mina rushes to capture the two boys in a hug, all three of them smiling with laughter and joy. Shouta tears up at the sight of them; the sight of his students finally on their way through recovery.

They finally are getting what they need.

•••

After a very small argument between Katsuki and Izuku, Shouta thinks his best option is to just put on a movie.

He sets up some of the bean-bag pillows kept in a storage closet for the teens to sit on. He has them sit in front of the basement tv, which has multiple movie outlets that they could pick something to watch from. Mina grabs the pink pillow and plops down on it.

Midoriya and Ochako share a giant green one, awkwardly blushing at the fact that they're so close to one another. Katsuki fake gags, setting off Izuku's temper.

Shouta quickly stops the tension from escalating, as he throws an orange pillow at Katsuki, who accidentally burns it by exploding it when catching it. This makes everybody start cracking up, even Shouta.

"It's okay, Bakubro, you can share one with me!" Kirishima says with his big, goofy shark grin.

Katsuki thinks about it for a moment, and then silently scoots over to where Eijirou is sitting. The red head happily smiles, pouncing on Katsuki and embracing him in a huge bear hug.

Shaking his head while still chuckling, Shouta sits on the lounge couch, zipped up in his sleeping bag. Todoroki takes a seat next to him.

Later, as everyone is choosing the movie, everyone starts to get into a dispute about what to watch.

"The Kissing Booth 2!"

"Ew, Mina, no offense—but that movie's disgusting."

"Dirty Dancing?"

"I DON'T WANNA WATCH THAT SHIT."

"Jeez—ow, my ears—okay, any other suggestions? Anyone?"

"The Hate U Give?"

"Wasn't that based off of real events that happened in the past against people of color?"

"Yeah, it's pretty good. Wanna watch it?"

"Sure, I guess."

"Whatever."

"Where are the snacks?"

"Todoroki, I told you, I'm a snack."

"Oh."

"Well if Midoriya's a snack, I'm a whole damn meal!"

"YES DENKI! YOU GO KING!"

"STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING SCREAMING HORNS!"

"Like you're one to talk, Bakugou."

"SHUT UP ICY-HOT!"

As Shouta listens to the conversation, he can't help but just think about how scary his students can be in a fight, but then they fight over movies like your average group of siblings.

In the end, Shouta Aizawa's brain cells can all agree on one thing. 'Teenagers scare the living shit out of me.'

And with that, the movie starts.

•••

The sun sets and dinner is served. Everybody eats their portion and heads upstairs for bed.

Shouta knows he has to ask Izuku and Katsuki what they want to do about tomorrow—Yagi's funeral. He wants to pin this responsibility on one of the other adults living here, such as Nemuri or Vlad. However, Shouta knows that only he can deliver this correctly to the two teenagers. No one else knows about One For All and how close the three actually were.

He has Katsuki and Izuku come back down to the basement. He has them sit down on the couch, and sets them up each with a cup of water.

"What do you want to do about tomorrow? You both don't have to go if you don't want to—" Shouta gets interrupted by Izuku nearly straight away.

"I'm going." The greenette states.

"Me too." The blonde follows suit.

Shouta sighs, and pulls both boys into a hug. He starts, "Alright. Just let me know if you change your mind before hand, okay? No one will judge you if you decide not to go. It's your choice though. And if you don't feel well during the service tomorrow, I'll take you back here. Just tell me what you guys need, deal?"

The tired man pulls back from the hug.

Katsuki and Izuku look at each other. They nod, and then in union they say:

"Deal."

__________________________________________________________________________________

AHHHH SO CLOSE TO THE END.