EIGHTEEN

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Viva La Vida
Artist: Coldplay
Chapter Name: ⚠️ When I Ruled The World ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

I Z U K U

The wind blows against the cold air. It makes me shiver.

I stumble through the dusty air, barley even seeing two feet in front of my face. "Mr. Aizawa? Mic-Sensei?" I call out nervously.

Nothing.

I start to run. Twisting and turning, I sprint around the desolate, gray ground. I wonder most of the ground, as I have come to found that this flat platform is incased in four plain, foggy walls.

That's when I see it; a golden light shines from behind me. I squint my eyes shut as the shine gets bolder.

When the light dims down, I turn my head to face the source. However, there is no source. Just a middle school version of me. I recognize the scenery immediately. The white tiles and the gray half wall at the top of a familiar building. And in front of me, is a familiar frame. A lanky, tall man leans against the wall.

All might.

"Can you be a hero? Not without a quirk." Is said and then the moment completely freezes. I jog up to the memory. I try to run my hand through the light, but the moment disappears before I reach it.

From the corner of my eyes, I see another glob of light behind me.

I turn to watch.

"Young man, you can become a hero." My eyes start to pool with tears just looking at his face once more.

"All might..." I mutter as I bolt over to the memory. "All Might!" I scream out while reaching my hand out towards my mentor. Just as I touch the hologram's arm, it fades away.

My breathing starts to increase. He can't  go—I can't lose him again. Memories from my childhood start to pop up one by one, with all of them having some sort of reference or mention to All Might. I try to reach him, but every time I fail.

"Young Midoriya."

I cover my ears and scream bloody murder. I fall to my knees. I've had enough, damnit. I'm not doing this all again.

"You're doing great, young Midoriya."

Where is this voice coming from? There's no more memories to play—they've all been recounted. Is it the voices in my head? Please, someone get rid of them. I can't listen to them any more. Please—

"Young Midoriya, behind you!"

I gasp for air. I turn my head while shaking in fear; the fear that I'll have to watch the man I had seen as a father figure die once more in front of my eyes. Except this time, it will be something more gory and horrifying.

But I do it. Who am I to ignore a direct statement from All Might anyway?

Slowly turning my trembling body, my eyes make eye contact with a pair of familiar blue eyes.

It's him.

My mouth drops as I look at his frame. He still looks the exact same as he did when he was alive. Same puffy blonde hair, same skeleton body; it's really him.

"All Might!" I scream in glee. I bolt up towards my mentor, reaching my hand out in desperation. I move my legs as fast as they can possibly even move—perhaps Iida's normal speed. He's right there, I'm not going to let him go again. I can't. I can't and I won't. He holds his arms open like he's waiting for a hug.

I leap once I'm close enough, knowing that I'll just fall right through. But that doesn't matter, it's the moment that really counts.

That is until I find myself actually being embraced in his arms. He's not a hologram, it's All Might. He's a solid person, who I'm currently actually hugging. He's here, he's not dead. He's holding onto me like I'm his long lost child.

I start to sob. I lean my face into his chest as he starts to rub my back. He pulls the hug tighter as I gladly cling onto his white t-shirt.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" I scream through my sobs.

I feel the man take a breath in and sigh. He releases the hug, and gently pushes me back. He keeps his hands on my shoulders to make sure I don't fall down on the floor.

"I'm still dead, young Midoriya. I'm not alive. This is all just a dream. You're sleeping in real time right now." The man explains. My eyes start to water more, but with tears of sorrow this time. All Might swiftly pulls me back into a hug.

"I just wanted to tell you somethings." All Might starts the conversation once more. "Young man, it was an absolute honor being your mentor—even if half the time I didn't know what I was doing. You are incredibly smart, smarter than me sometimes. You are definitely the best candidate I could have given one-for-all to. You strategize well, and you're an amazing team player. Those skills are some of the most needed in hero work."

I sniffle, and All Might starts to rub my back again, which calms me down a little.

"You remind me of myself when I was first starting out as a hero. You're reckless, but you also have a lot of dedication. That takes a dreamer, young Midoriya." All Might explains to me while grinning. I softly smile as he laughs quietly in the background.

All Might pauses for a moment, and then begins again. "I have no reason to doubt that one day you'll become the new symbol of peace. You'll rule the world with your talent."

My sobbing starts to get louder once more, bringing back all the tears I had just previously wiped away. I cling onto All Might tighter, not wanting to leave if this really is all a dream.

"My boy, you have something that I never had as a hero. Something I always should have had, but never did. You have the blessing of easy forgiveness. When I first met you, I told you that a quirkless person couldn't become a hero. I was wrong, and I admit that fully. However, when I offered you my quirk, you said yes right away. You didn't even wait for an apology. Even after Nana died, I still can't forgive her for lying to me about where she was going. You forgave me on the spot." My former mentor drags on. I listen carefully to each words.

"But I had my time; I had my time to rule the world of heroes. It's yours now. Please don't ever harm yourself, my boy. I know Aizawa-kun needs you, your friends need you. Please stay—for me, okay?"

I shift. I look up at his blue eyes once more. A tiny puddle of water can be seen glimmering in his eyes. From behind his face, I see a bright light start to shine. The sun wakes up from its tiny nap.

A giant wave of light flashes over the plain once more.

My eyes flutter open.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this took a little while, I was a little busy with work but I'm good now ✌🏼