TWELVE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Try
Artist: P!nk
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Hanta Sero: Origin ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

"Mama, when's Papa comin' home?"

A young boy with hair as black as a spiraling black hole. He looks quite normal, not really anything interesting. He had recently developed his quirk, which he shares with his father.

But as this nearly five year old wanders into the kitchen, he finds his mother sitting still on the cold floor.

"Mama?"

Dead eyes turn to pierce into his own. He steps back, frightened. Tears roll down the lady's face, as she yanks the tiny child into her arms—where he'll be safe.

"Mama..."

Waking up with surprise, Hanta quickly moves back automatically. Accidentally hitting his head on the wall, the teenager falls off the windowsill back onto his bedroom floor. He somehow smacks his head again, on the one spot that didn't happen to be covered by the gray carpet that gave the room some decoration.

"Ouch." Sero exclaims, as he touches the spot he just had hit. He notices that his vision is a little blurry; as blurriness is sometimes a symptom Hanta feels when he's high, he ignores it.

Rubbing his head, Hanta looks up at the place he fell from. He realized he had left his window open, and that he still is—for a fact—high off the top of his head. Pulling himself up, he shuts the window and carefully locks it; making sure that no one can get in.

"Hanta?" A meek voice is heard from behind him.

The black haired boy lurches his body around to see his roommate standing in the doorway. He sloppily waves a hello to Kouda, before tripping his way over to his bed.

"Hanta, you're bleeding!" The high masculine voice screams out worriedly. Hanta—still high out of his mind—doesn't even process what Kouji is saying. He just falls down on his comfy bed, snuggling into his covers like a happy drunk.

"I'm getting Mr. Aizawa!" The voice starts to fade out, as Sero feels his mind go blank.

•••

S H O U T A

Walking down the stairs, I curse as I accidentally kick the railing.

Hobbling my way into the kitchen, I grab a pitcher of water and start up a cup of coffee. Opening the fridge, I take a piece of the giant chocolate cake Satou had baked earlier. If I say to say one good thing about our current situation, it would be Rikidou's delicious treats.

Putting a bit of the cake in my mouth, I enjoy the flavor and taste of the pastry. An alarm alerts me that my coffee is finished. I remove the full cup from the coffee maker, and take a colossal sip of the liquid.

"Mr. Aizawa!" A high voice shouts from the staircase. I slump over in frustration. Is it really so wrong for a man to want to enjoy his snack in peace?

"Yes?" I yell back, hoping that the situation is just a stupid little commotion that Vlad, Nemuri, or Yu could deal with (as the two girls have also moved in to help with the giant group of children). I place my drink and plate down and I shuffle over to the bottom of the stairwell. I look up to see Kouda at the top of the stairs.

What I don't expect is for the boy to sprint down the stairs Naruto style, and literally pull me back up to his bedroom.

The fear and anxiety in the normally tranquil boy starts to make me feel some mini fear inside as well. He pushes open the door, pulling me over to what looks like a sleeping Sero. The kid has a cheerful childlike expression on his face.

However, I can't help but notice the trail of blood falling down from the back of the kid's head. I step forward, and shake the sleeping teenager, knowing that something's wrong.

Hanta stirs; gently sitting up, his eyes open in little cracks. The kid immediately closes them, which comes as a shock because Sero normally just jumps out of bed when I come to get him up in the morning.

Kouda, who was standing behind me, decides to take his leave. He softly leaves as the door closes with little to no sound.

Hanta plops his head back down on the pillow, totally ignoring the somewhat large amount of blood tangled in his hair. I sit myself down on the bed, gently urging the kid to get up.

Hanta groans in annoyance as I pull him up to check the cut on his head. Keeping his eyes shut, thanks to light sensitivity, I help the kid move into a spot where I can easily see what happened to his head. As I pull his hair away from the source spot of the red substance, I notice that the kid is gently swaying. I put my left elbow on his shoulder to keep the teenager still, as I look at the massive bump on in his skin.

Leaning over to his nightstand, I grab a tissue to clean the blood off. But also notice a familiar black device over near the window. My eyes widen as to why this child has been so hyper.

"Sero?" I repress my anger.

The teenager continues to drunkenly sway left and right. Which makes sense now, unfortunately. "Yep?" The kid perkily answers.

"Why is there a Juul on the floor?" I question as I begin cleaning up the blood on the kid's head. The teenager sways slower, probably realizing that he's in trouble. I let out a loud, disappointed sigh.

"Come on, kid. I know you know better than this." I solemnly say as I patch up Hanta's head.

Sero stays silent, probably still processing that he's been caught—and is also still mixed up in the mind. Putting a bandage on the bruise, I gently lay the kid back down on his comfortable pillow. I look at the kid's expression once more. It looks colder; like something came and drained all his energy and soul away.

"Listen, kid. I'm always here if you need someone, but this can't go on. It's self destructive behavior, and it'd make me a failure of a fath—teacher if I let this continue." I stutter out. But of course, at this point, Hanta's already half asleep again.

I sigh once more.

"When you wake up, we're gonna talk. I'm not going to fail another person."

__________________________________________________________________________________

In all honesty, Sero needs more attention as a character. I'm really excited to see his story.

I really hope Aizawa stays their teacher in their second year at U.A. I don't know what I'm gonna do otherwise.