TWENTY-SIX

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: The Winner Takes It All
Artist: ABBA
Chapter Name: ⚠️ A Bad Feeling ⚠️
This chapter has extremely graphic descriptions of a car crash. Read at your own risk.
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

It started out as a normal Saturday to Shouta. Things seemed as how they normally have been the past month.

He had gotten him from his usual early morning patrol at around three am. He fell asleep for a while, waking up a little later than usual. He had a bad feeling in his stomach, but he just shook it off as hunger pains.

After he went downstairs, Hizashi told Shouta that they needed a bunch of new groceries. Shouta sighed, knowing that he'd have to bring a few of the problem children with him; with housing so many people, he needs as many hands on deck when it comes to food and supplies. As usual, Shout shrugs off his paranoia and thinks about who to bring along this time.

He eventually decides on bringing Hanta, Itsuka, Mirio, and Ojirou. Those four are probably some of the least trouble magnets that Shouta knows of in his giant family.

Yawning, he rounds up the for problem children and ushers them into the car. Mirio sits up in the front with him while Itsuka, Ojirou, and Hanta all scoot into the backseat. Shouta secretly grins as he watches the kids quarrel over who has to sit in the middle seat. It's nice to see some sort of normalcy among his group of teenagers.

Shouta takes off to the store. It's a pretty peaceful drive, not counting the teenagers in the car screeching along to Lady Gaga. He needs to get Hizashi to stop listening to American music with the kids in the car.

Once they get to the grocery store, Togata and Sero instantly take off towards the ice cream section, and Shouta follows suit. Hizashi had been talking about this new brand of ice cream earlier that he said he wanted to try. Itsuka stays near Shouta, for the whole time in the store, which Shouta notices. She doesn't run off like the boys do when they see the snacks they want.

"I have a bad feeling about something." Kendo finally speaks up, as the two wait for Ojirou, Mirio, and Hanta to meet them with some more food.

Shouta looks at her with a perked eyebrow. "Oh? What about?" Sure, the girl wasn't technically in his class, but Shouta has gotten closer with 1B after they had moved in with his own class. He wasn't going to just let this girl face this bad feeling alone—that wouldn't be right.

"Something's...gonna happen. I don't know what, but I have a really bad feeling." Itsuka confesses. She starts playing with her fingers, distracting herself from her anxious thoughts.

Shouta sighs, thinking back to his own bad feeling that he had this morning. He quickly pulls out his phone and texts Mirio, Hanta, and Mashirao to all come back to the front of the store so they could all check out. If something bad is going to happen, Shouta prefers that they all be at home and somewhat safe when it does happen.

The group of five swiftly make their way through the checkout isle, and start heading for the car. Togata and Ojirou walk ahead of the other three, who walk a little slower as they have more groceries on them.

They make it to the car, and they stuff all the food in the trunk. Before closing the door, Shouta lets them all pick out a small snack they can eat on the way home. He doesn't want to spoil their appetite for dinner, so he says nothing that's too sugary. The kids understand, and each take a bag of doritos.

That's when Shouta puts his hand in his pocket to grab his keys. He can't feel them, and then he realizes he couldn't feel his wallet either.

'Crap, I must have left them in the store.' Shouta says to himself.

"Mr. Aizawa, something wrong?" Sero asks softly. Kendo, Ojirou, and Mirio have already gotten into their seats. The black haired boy stands on the edge of the car door, looking at his teacher worriedly.

Aizawa comes back down to earth. "It's just my wallet and keys; I left them inside. I'll be right back. You four stay here."

Sero hops down off of the door. He shakes his head no, and walks in front of Shouta. "I gotta head to the restroom—I'll be quick, I swear! I'll grab your stuff while I'm inside. The wallet's black right? And has gray stripes?" Shouta nods hesitantly. "Okay, I'll be right back!"

Sero runs back off towards the store. Aizawa relaxes his posture a bit, waiting outside of the car. He takes the opportunity to stretch his legs. (I know, I'm sorry.)

Eventually, Shouta sees Hanta emerging from the store's doors. Hanta waves at his teacher with a goofy grin on his face, and for once, Shouta can't help but smile back. Hanta starts to make his way across the street.

The wind whistles.

A car horn sounds.

That's when Shouta screams louder than a volcano erupting, "HANTA, MOVE!"

Running as fast as humanly possible, Shouta bolts to grab Sero out of the way. The teenager can only stand there with shock, as he just is realizing what's happening in the moment.

Two cars are speeding at him.

Shouta takes a leap of faith, and wraps Hanta in a tight bear hug. The black haired teacher shelters Hanta's head with his hands, as they fall onto the edge of the sidewalk. Sero keeps a look of shock on his face the whole time.

Shouta can hear a crash take place from behind him. He pulls Sero closer to the store and further away from the wreckage.

Pulling away from the hug, Shouta sees the look of pure horror staining Hanta's innocent face.

Hanta had just seen the accident unfold.

Shouta slowly turns around to see a deviating sight. Both cars are on their sides, a person must have flung out through the front window and cut his arm clean off. Another lady most likely flew out her window, but got pierced by the glass. She just lays over the shards of glass, presumably dead. Blood is spilled everywhere, making Shouta feel sick.

Shouta feels Hanta start to shake abruptly. The man turns his attention back to the teenager, instantly covering his eyes. Shouta feels the warm tears that start to flow out of Hanta's eyes.

But it's too late to save Hanta from seeing the horrific scene.

The damage had already been done.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I'm sorry for not uploading these sooner. I've been really sick, school started up, and I got outed to a bunch of people in my grade (again 😒), and I've been trying to get them to stop calling me the f-slur.

So much for trying to be 'normal' this year.

Anyway, I originally had a quadruple update planned, but I'm going to make into a triple. I just really need to give you guys a chapter.

Again, I'm so sorry.