FOURTEEN

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Terrible Things
Artist: Mayday Parade
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Allusions ⚠️
This chapter has references to spoilers of the Vigilantes manga and the main story. Read at your own risk.
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

Mandalay has always been a good friend of Shouta's, even though they barley even got the time to talk. She was a nice person to be around for Shouta, always talking about the stray cats that passed the camp sight.

So of course when Nedzu fucking calls with even more bad news, Shouta just sighs and waits for the purge to start.

"The Wild Wild Pussycats have perished." Was definitely not what Shouta was expecting to come out of Nedzu's mouth when he answered the phone. Shouta's jaw instantly drops, both metaphorically and physically.

"...what?" Shouta quietly says while blinking in shock.

Shouta can hear the rat/bear-thing sigh sadly, as his voice pipes up again. "The police stated it was a quintuple murder. There's a lot of clues as to who's done it, but we don't know for sure."

It takes Shouta a few seconds to process what the animal is saying. But then he realizes.

...quintuple?

"Quintuple?" Shouta starts to ramble, "W-What? Nedzu, there was four of them—"

The man is quickly cut off by Nedzu. "I know, Shouta. But there was another man there. He was visiting Pixie-Bob with his kids. They were old friends, from what I know." Shouta rubs the bridge of his nose in irritation.

Nedzu continues his explanation, "Apparently you class has met the children before, when you took that trip to Nabu Island. Mr. Shimano was the father of Katsuma Shimano and Mahoro Shimano. The two children survived along with Kota Izumi, Shino's nephew." Shouta can hear Nedzu moving some things around on his desk in the background.

"And also, could you maybe...take them in?"

This question makes Aizawa smack himself in the face—literally. This is just great for him, more problem children to attend to. Exactly what he needs after finding out his friends passed away.

But Shouta also knows that these are helpless kids, much younger than his own students. It would be cruel to just throw them into a fucked up system, especially when he's known one of the children for a long period of time. Shouta knows he and Hizashi definitely have the room for it, and his husband would be happy to have the three new kids; but for Shouta, he's just not sure if he can handle it.

But then his hero instincts come in.

Shouta turns the phone on speaker, so that he doesn't have to hang up on Nedzu to talk to Hizashi about everything. The blonde listens very carefully to what his boss says, and gives Shouta an 'okay' nod saying that he is fine with whatever happens.

Finally, after what seems like hours of talking, Shouta states, "Yeah, we'll take them."

•••