EIGHT

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Someone To You
Artist: BANNERS
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Freedom and Failure ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

It's not normal for Hizashi to be up at six am. However, today is a special day.

Hizashi's going to go pick up Touya—who's getting out of the hospital early. Hizashi's going to surprise everyone with the arrival of the boy.

The blonde grabs his day backpack as he puts on a green, cloth mask he made. He quickly kisses his sleeping husband on the head, and slips on his shoes. He silently shuts the front door as he walks out of the giant house.

•••

Of course while Hizashi's out, Shouta has to tell Izuku the shit he has to do for his father's trial. The man shutters at the thought.

Walking to Izuku and Yuuga's room, the teacher notices that it's just Izuku occupying the space.

Shouta sighs heavily as he walks over to Midoriya's All Might themed bed. The kid lays down on his covers, throwing a blue ball up in the air and catching it. Shouta sits down next to the boy, as the greenette stares at him.

"Hey, I've got some bad news." Shouta hesitantly states. Izuku sits up with haste and a worried look.

"You're gonna have to give a testament in court. I tried to get you out of it, but Nedzu—" Shouta is abruptly cut off by the shocked child sitting in front of him.

"W-What?" Izuku stammers.

The greenette starts to panic. His breathing gets heavier by the millisecond. Shouta gently places his hands on Izuku's shoulder, trying to keep the boy grounded.

"Hey, hey, Midoriya; look at me." Shouta sternly says.

The upset boy looks Shouta in the eye. That's when the teacher notices the fear that lays inside his soul. It's the same as Hizashi's, which instantly makes the man's heart drop.

Shouta failed to protect this boy—he promised Toshinori he would, and he still failed.

Shouta pulls the boy into a big-ass mother fucking hug. He lets the boy drown his shirt in tears, holding back his own. The one thing everyone knows about Shouta, is that he doesn't cry unless it has a major impact on him.

•••

Hizashi pulls up to the hospital where Touya is located. The blonde happily jumps out of the car.

Walking up to the front desk, he sees a familiar face. A sweet looking girl with pink hair resides at the front desk. Hizashi hasn't seen her here before.

"Hello sir, what can I help you with today?" The girl says with bright blue eyes  staring at Hizashi with friendliness. Hizashi places his bag on the counter and pulls out his I.D.

"Hi, I'm Hizashi Yamada. I'm here to check out Touya Todoroki." The blonde grins back at the sweet girl.

After checking everything over with the receptionist, who Hizashi learns is named Aki Kumino, the man skips down the hall to the eldest Todoroki sibling's room.

When Hizashi opens the door, he sees Touya standing there with a small suitcase, all ready to go. The boy has a small smile on his face, as he rushes a hand through his now red hair. The boy had made the brave decision to dye his hair back to its original color.

"Hey kiddo! You ready to go?" Hizashi questions with a chirpy tone. Touya softly nods.

"Alright then, you're free! It's time go home!"

•••

Rubbing tiny circles on Izuku's back eventually calms the boy down. Shouta can see the boy's eyes fluttering shut and then opening again. The man quietly sighs in relief.

"Hey, Izuku. I'm gonna lay you down on your pillow, okay?" Shouta gently says as he slowly scoots the boy back onto his bed and off his lap.

"Noooooo." Izuku whines as Shouta places his limp head on his green pillow.

"Yessssssss." Shouta replies in a funny mocking tone as he puts Izuku's All Might blanket over the tired boy.

Shouta closes the curtains so the boy has a dark room to sleep in. Before leaving, he walks over to check on Izuku one more time—just to be safe. He swiftly ruffles the tuff of green hair that poofs out on the boy's pillow.

"Sleep well, problem child." Shouta says as he exits the room.

•••

Walking up the stairs, he decides to go and check on Tsuyu and Ochako. The two girls have not been taking things lightly at all. Shouta dimly knocks on the girls' bedroom door. When he hears a faint 'come in,' the man knows that it's alright to enter.

The first thing he sees is Ochako braiding Tsuyu's hair. The tired teacher sits down next to them, handing Ochako the hairbrush as she reaches for it.

"Thanks." The brunette says sweetly.

"How are you two doing? Please be honest." Shouta kindly coaxes.

The girls look at each other as they pause what they're doing. Ochako swiftly finishes up Tsu's braid, and she puts the hairbrush down.

"To be frank; not that good, I guess." Ochako just shrugs at her answer. Shouta notices the girl as she fidgets with her hand.

"Yeah, ribbit. It's the same for me too." Tsu nods in agreement.

Shouta sighs as he picks up his coffee mug placed down next to him. "That's okay; it's okay to not be okay. It's not your fault you're feeling this way." The man takes a chaste sip of his coffee.

"Will things ever get better, ribbit?" Asui looks down at the floor as she asks. Shouta, placing the mug down, looks the girl straight in the eye and says:

"Eventually. This will take time to heal from. This is not something that should ever happen to anyone—especially teenagers like you."

Ochako starts to tear up a little, which Aizawa notices instantly.

"Kid," Shouta sighs once more, "I know. I know it's painful. I'm sorry I can't do anything about the pain." Shouta says in a worried voice as Ochako pulls him into a tender hug.

For the second time today, Shouta's shirt is getting drenched in tears. But it's all worth it if his students—his kids—feel even the tiniest bit better about things.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the long wait. I've been in the middle of a trauma breakdown, and it's just draining me.

I am not quitting this book; so please don't worry about that. I don't know when this episode will end, but I don't really have a lot of motivation right now.

I'm sorry the chapter was short, I hope you liked it anyway.

Have a good day/night. I love you guys. Please be safe with everything going on in the world right now.