SEVENTEEN

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Don't You Worry Child
Artist: Swedish House Mafia
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Just A Child ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

Turning the corner, Shouta realizes that he's not Izuku's trail anymore. That's when the man starts to freak out. What could that problem child possibly be doing—

Oh, shit.

Turning his smexy ass back around, Shouta sprints towards the main bathroom attached to Hizashi's office.

He slams the door open with no hesitation, screaming, "Nope, nope, nope, nope! Not today, problem child!" As he takes notice as to what is happening in the room.

The tired man just sees the greenette looking at him with anxiousness. His big green eyes pooling with tears, and his shaking hands—which are quite normal to see on the teen since he has no control over his internal injuries—are once again present. His nose is beat red, and his cheeks are swelling up; almost as if he were a hamster with sunflower seeds stored up in his mouth.

Shouta's not dumb; he can tell when things aren't as they should be. As he looks at his student—more like son, but he will never admit that—he knows instantly what's happened. He's a pro hero after all, and he has to be on top of things; especially being observant.

It's his job. As a teacher, and as a father.

Staying silent, so he doesn't startle the boy into doing anything to harm himself further, Aizawa kneels down in front of the child.

He's just a child.

As stated many times before, Shouta—and many others of the U.A. staff—often forget that these children aren't quite heroes just yet. They're teenagers; walking, talking, living, breathing, cursing, sarcastic teenagers who need love and support.

Shouta leans to the left and grabs a handful of the toilet paper. He then puts the piece of cloth under Izuku's chin.

"Spit them out, problem child." Shouta says gently. The crying boy looks him in his eyes, as his own flood with even more tears than Shouta ever thought was possible.

Izuku eventually gives in, practically throwing up the pills. Shouta doesn't even flinch when the kid does it though. He just waits until he kid is done, and throws the trash away when he's done with it. He quickly washes his hands to get rid of any lingering germs, and then he resumes his place sitting next to the crying teenager. The boy is sitting with his arms wrapped around his knees tightly, hiding his stained face in the creases of his elbows.

Shouta starts to lightly rub the kid's shoulder, letting the kid sob his emotions out. As the sobs get louder, Shouta's heart breaks once more.

Izuku starts to feel desperate to feel pain. He pulls his hands up to his face, and starts trying to impale himself with his nails. Shouta's quick to react. He gently places his hands the crying teenager's own, gently attempting to pull Izuku's away.

Izuku resists at first—as the voice in his head literally begs him to just cut himself—but as Shouta's warm voice starts to overpower his own, he slowly releases the muscles in his hands.

"It's alright," The tired teacher says softly, "just breathe."

Izuku then flings himself toward the man. He latched himself onto Shouta's shirt like a leech. Shouta wraps his arms around the student, holding him ever so lightly but extremely tightly at the same time. Shouta's heart is seemingly just getting softer with every moment he spends with these kids.

"I—I..." Izuku stutters heavily, "w-wanna..." The greenette pauses. Shouta stays silent, patiently waiting for the boy to continue. If Shouta knows anything about teenagers, it's not to push his nose into their business.

"...j-just die-e..."

Now, Shouta knows what the boy wants to do; that's the whole fucking point of suicide after all. But hearing his sweet, innocent student say that he literally wants to die, tweaks something in his soul.

"I'm sorry, but that's not happening." Shouta sternly states while running his fingers through Izuku's hair. "I don't care if it's what you want for your birthday, or Hanukkah, or even Christmas. There are people who love and need you" Izuku tries to interrupt, "—and don't try to tell me they don't. You're a fighter, kid; that's one of the most important qualities in a hero too."

Izuku looks up at Shouta with an aghast expression.

"B-But I d-don't want t-to f-fight anymore." A new line of sobs comes to wrack the teenager's body with force.

Shouta slowly rocks the boy back and forth, making sure he can't run off and do what he did before. He squints his eyes shut, trying to keep himself from crying. The kid needed him to be strong; now was not the time for him to let go.

"Do you still want to be a hero, Izuku?" Shouta questions with some remorse.

Silence.

"Of c-course I do. That's t-the only r-reason I'm s-still h-here-e." Izuku exclaims quite loudly for eleven o'clock at night. Shouta sighs when he hears the child's response.

"To be a hero, you need to be able to fight; no matter the villain. In a sense, the voices in your head—your demons—are just like villains. You need to fight them off. Think of it that way." Shouta explains while rubbing Izuku's back. The boy's breath hitches, and the greenette freezes in place for a second.

Izuku sniffs, and rubs his tears. "I guess y-you're right.

"I'm always right, problem child." Shouta mocks sarcastically while rolling his eyes. Izuku quietly giggles, making Shouta's tense muscles loosen up a bit.

•••

The two just end up sitting in that bathroom until two in the morning, with Shouta talking to Izuku about how he can cope with his feelings in healthy ways. Izuku also mentioned some of the things Hisashi had done in the past.

One of them terrifies Shouta to his very core.

When the kid was five, and Hisashi had just come back from a business trip in America, Inko had just informed Hisashi about their son being quirkless. Hisashi did not take it well, at all.

He forced Izuku into the bathroom later that night, and tried to force the child to cut off parts of his pinky toes with a steak knife. The only reason that Izuku still has his toes, are because Inko called the two for dinner. Shouta flinched at every little detail Izuku gave him about his father.

Oh, how Shouta really wanted to commit murder.

Damn laws.

__________________________________________________________________________________

And here's a chapter seventeen for you!

And, honestly, I seriously need to get some sleep. Been up 37 hours straight now ✌🏻