TWENTY-FIVE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: From Now On
Artist: The Original Cast From The Greatest Showman
Chapter Name: ⚠️ The Subject Of Toshinori ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

After dealing with the events of last night, Shouta and Nemuri came up with the conclusion that it would be best if they put a safety lock on the kitchen cabinets—just in case. It's not that they don't trust the kids, it's just to keep them safe after all that's happened.

Who could blame poor Shouta, for the fiftieth time this month?

But on the bright side, Mina seems a little happier. The morning after the horn incident happened, she actually waltzed into the room for breakfast alongside Hagakure. Shouta had his hair done in a braid—quite on the messy side if you ask Hizashi—but it Shouta looked better with it up that day.

Things have been going nicely. Sure, the occasional hiccup or bad day always happens in this household, but Shouta isn't going to let those things get him depressed so easily. He has his kids to look after. And, honestly, shit's gonna suck; it's life, and that's how it goes. Things always just go up and down, there's no changing that.

Even though Toshinori's sudden passing is hard to deal with, Shouta sucks up his pain—because, hey, that's life. You live, you die, the world goes on. The Earth is not willing to take shit from anyone.

But when the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.

That was the first ever thing Hizashi had said to Shouta—back when they were teenagers. It's stuck with Shouta ever since.

So even if everything's turned to hell itself, Shouta believes that there's another way. There has to be another way out of this flame pit. That at if at first he doesn't succeed, he needs to try, try again. He can't always be in his usual mopey, depressed mood.

And that's exactly what he does. For his family.

•••

Speaking of Toshinori's death, the former pro hero's funeral is quickly approaching, and Shouta doesn't think he's mentally ready for it.

If he'll ever be mentally ready for it.

Hell, he was in the room when the man took his last breath. He saw the life drain out of his eyes, as he watched the man's successor literally faint when he saw the man drift off into eternal sleep.

Nedzu is coming over to the giant house to talk about preparations for the solemn event, making Shouta start tearing up just by thinking about it.

•••

Time passes in record speed, and soon enough Nedzu shows up. Nemuri, Yuu, Hizashi, Sekijirou, and Shouta all gather around in the main living room, none of them truly ready to face this. All of the kids are upstairs, giving the adults free range to talk about sensitive topics for the time being.

Shouta starts the meeting with a tired grunt.

Nedzu sighs, seeing his employee starting to space out. The rat coughs to get the other teachers' attention. "Well, Yagi had said in his will that he wanted a small funeral—nothing major. Just his students, coworkers, friends, and family. No one more." Nedzu states while looking at the legal documents placed in his hands.

The room goes quiet for a moment, as all the teachers look at one another with puppy dog faces. Eventually, Nemuri sighs, and speaks up.

"If that's what he wanted, the least we can do is honor is will. But from what I know, he has no living family. The only friends besides us he had were Dave and Tsukauchi. And of course most of the U.A. students would want to go to pay their respects—but honestly, don't you think the kids here have seen enough? The funeral will be open casket, like it is with all pro heros. They don't need to see his dead body just laying there, especially Midoriya." The 'r' rated hero explains. Hizashi sighs, and Shouta mentally face palms himself in the face.

"I agree." Kan speaks up after a quiet moment. "They honestly should stay here. I'm personally not even sure if I want to go either. There's just been too much happening lately." Shouta starts to feel a queasy feeling in his stomach.

The room is engulfed in the deafening silence once more. Everyone looks back and forth at each other. Shouta pinches the bridge of his nose and rubs his dry eyes. He then places his hands in his lap, as he thinks for a moment. Would Izuku ever forgive him if he made the greenette sit out of his last chance to say goodbye to his mentor? Probably not—and Katsuki would most likely throw a hissy fit.

Most of the kids wouldn't even go near him much less forgive him if he made them sit this out. Even though Shouta feels he isn't ready, he knows that this is his chance to make himself feel so.

"No."

Everyone turns their heads to face the tired man. Shouta makes eye contact with Nedzu as soon as the rat whips his vision over to the teacher.

"These kids need a chance to say goodbye; and for some of them, to even get some closure. Keeping them away will only make them angry at us—what if something goes wrong again, and they don't trust us enough to tell us. They could get caught in some serious trouble. We have to let them go if they want to. It's their right to have a choice in this situation." Aizawa sternly states as he grumpily clears his throat.

All the adults take a second to process the information that Shouta has just given them. They all make eye contact and nod once they've realized that making them stay home would only do more harm then good.

"Alright then," Nedzu interrupts, "it's settled. Toshinori Yagi's funeral will be hosted next Friday."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I have no clue why it won't let me attach the song. Have any of you had that issue?

I just wanted to put it just in case I can add it later.

Ciao!