TWENTY-EIGHT

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Human
Artist: Christina Perri
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Only Human ⚠️
This chapter has references to spoilers of the BNHA manga. Read at your own risk.
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

Katsuki Bakugou likes to say he's the greatest; the star of every show.

Spoiler alert! He's not.

He's ruined dreams, caused chain reactions that can never be undone, hurt, taken, and even almost killed innocent people. He regrets every bit of it. Every little word. He never truly hated Izuku, he was just so insanely jealous that it took everything inside him to hide it—even if that meant bullying and attacking the poor kid.

And when his mom found out about the harassment, it landed Katsuki straight smack in the hospital for the tenth time that year; all her other beatings had sent him there as well.

He's desperately been trying to change, for Deku's sake, and his own. It seems his hard work has paid off a little, making the blonde feel a little pride inside.

He also has been talking with Shouta a lot since the man found out nearly three months ago. He's discovered some funny things about his teacher too, such as he once worked at a grocery store when he was younger and he got a bunch of lettuce thrown in his face.

Little by little, Katsuki has been growing into a better person. Day by day, week by week, and month by month.

But, unfortunately, Katsuki Bakugou is only human.

•••

Katsuki misses Toshinori horribly. The man was practically another father to him. Katsuki misses his attitude, his laughter, and his presence. There was always something so comforting about being around him.

And the fact that Shigaraki is currently occupying the room right next-door to his, makes Katsuki feel extremely uncomfortable and paranoid.

Who can blame him?

The boy is constantly on the edge, anxiety fueling his brain. Shouta starts to notice little things change in the teen's behavior. He swears even more than usual—even with the kids around.

Shouta watches as the boy starts to become a shell of who he once was. However, Shouta isn't going to let that happen. He is not having another repeat with Bakugou and a knife to his chest. He is not going to willingly let Katsuki be trapped in a fucking hospital bed all alone, and the reason he can't stay with the teen being a dumb pandemic that's not even as bad as the flu.

Shouta knows how close Katsuki is to breaking down. The problem is, he doesn't know when or how it will all go down.

•••

It's seven in the morning. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and it's all peaceful and qui—

"GO FUCK YOURSELF, DEKU! YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!"

"KACCHAN, YOU BIG, GIANT IDIOT! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DROPPED THE PAN! THAT WAS YOUR BAD, SO DON'T TAKE YOUR CRAP OUT ON ME!"