✨Part 1 ✨

At one of the numerous patios of the huge, beautiful and majestic Sheesh Mahal.

Stood a handsome and gorgeous man in his early thirties

He was back here for the first time since that fateful day. Here was where  he met the love of his life for the first time.
A love story which would have had a happy ending if not because of his ego, pride and misunderstanding.

He looked down towards the huge garden to see a couple in the garden.
The man was on his knees and had his ears presses to the bulging belly of the woman and she was gently stroking his head with her hand with a genuine smile on her face.
This warmed his heart and put a smile on his face but it turned to sadness after a few seconds when he realized he could have had the same thing. But due to his ego, pride and stupidity, he destroyed not only his life but also was the reason behind the couple's sorrow.

Arnav Singh Raizada cursed himself for being the reason why Akash and Payal did what they did, the reason why Payal lost her sister, the reason why Payal lost father because she chose Akash over her father, if only he had used his Harvard brain properly, he and Khushi would have been happily married and had a couple of babies by now but he just had to destroy everything with his own hand. But was happy for Akash and proud of him for always standing up for Payal even going against his vicious mother and also moved out of Raizada Mansion just to protect his wife from his mother's taunts and abuse.

Arnav was so lost in thought that he didn't notice the Akash and Payal had left the garden and was standing behind him.
He felt a large hand on his shoulder which broke his reverie.

He turned to find his cousin looking up at him with worry and he smiled to lighten the mood.
Arnav turned to Payal to see her looking at him with a poker face and he knew he deserved it. Akash sighed seeing the exchange between his wife and big brother.

No matter how many years had passed Payal can never forgive Arnav for what he did to her sister. And being a supportive and understanding husband, he never forced her to forgive him because he himself couldn't forgive Arnav for hurting his friend and sister in law.

"Bhai.... Are you alright? " Akash asked.

"Am fine Akash. " Arnav replied but they all knew he wasn't.

Arnav turned to Payal and said .

"Payal..... I know no apologies or sorrys can undo what I did to your sister but still I will apologize for what I did..... It because of my deeds that's why you and Akash had to elope and for that am sorry. "

Arnav walked away after that leaving Payal in tears. She wanted to forgive him seeing the pain he had been through all these years but she couldn't as she felt she will be betraying her big sister if she forgives him.

Akash understanding his wife's silence moved over to her and hugged her as she cried in his arms.
He then carried her bridal style into their room.